Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Don S. Davis is dead

Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
He played General Hammond on SG-1 among other great parts throughout the years.

[url]http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37294[/url]

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    :(

Words fail me, his General Hammond was one of my favourite characters on stargate. I cant believe he's gone :(
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    He will be missed.
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    Surfing a 30-foot wave in Waimea is cool, dating a supermodel is cool, this is not cool!
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Have to say I'm shocked after seeing the title of this thread. God that is sad. He was great and a real talented guy as well. Turns out he had a medical condition. Wasn't aware of this, just assumed his reduced role on SG1 was because he wanted a change.

He will be missed.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I knew he wasnt well, but I had no idea it was so serious
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    This comes as a total surprise to me. I can't believe he's gone. :(

As probably most people I remember him mainly from Twin Peaks and SG-1. He was a natural born actor for those roles.

Too many great people go away before their time.

- PJH
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    I had read the main reason he left SG-1 was largely due to his health but I had no idea it was that bad. He was still quite young.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Aw, great guy. He will be missed..
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    Hammond of Texas has fallen in battle.

He did not surrender, even in death.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Every time I read Hammond of Texas it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling and memories of Bratac speaking those very words. :)
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    I got to meat Don Davis at the last Gen Con held in Milwaukee. Incredible voice and an incredible person. Very honest and very sincere.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
  • :(
    Why do the good people always go at first?....
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    First Stan Winston, now him.
    This is one of those years... :(

We're old enough that actually many actors we know well are getting old or are already old so sadly we will probably see many of them pass away in not so distant future.
    ET: its not just actors either, there's all the great musicians etc
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Not much any old music I like but have to agree that it seems that many older bands had at least some originality/created new styles instead of most current artists/bands all spewing out similar "chewing gum" junk.
    But John Williams is well over 70 and while many other movie soundtrack composers I like are couple decades younger even that doesn't necessary mean anything, like how Michael Kamen died in 2003 quite similarly as Richard Biggs year later.

Again some art styles have practically died already totally and many known persons behind them, like Chuck Jones and Mel Blanc... I would rank old Warner Bros cartoons pretty much above anything but with these current CGI animations I wonder how many youngs even know those names even though they might have seen Bugs Bunny and some other of those cartoons.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Nooo!

Hopefully it was a quiet, easy death. He was certainly one of my favourite actors, and from what I hear, as awesome IRL. Sad to hear this.

• Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    Aww, darn. :( Hope he had a good trip.
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    this stinks.. RIP Mr. Davis!!!! Life is allot shorter then we like to admit.