Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Former astronauts admits to aliens, Hoagland reaches climax...

FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2453700/Aliens-exist,-but-NASA-covers-them-up-says-astronaut.html[/url]

Jake

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I thought April had been and gone this year already
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It is worth noting that this particular astronaut has been admitting to aliens for years, and has been into pseudoscience [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Mitchell#Other_interests]since before he went to the Moon[/url]. This, as bizarre as it is, isn't anything new.

I bet bad astronomy is going to be all over this...
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Still...

I find it interesting that lately more and more professional people from decades ago are now coming out of the secrecy cover and claiming objects and events as real.

Will we ever really know the truth? Probably not, but it is obvious something abnormal is going on.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Either it's the truth or enlightened self-interest. He may have a book coming out soon and that sure beats bagging groceries at the supermarket. :D
  • [SIZE="1"]*cough* x-files #2 *cough*[/SIZE]

:D
  • I believe.
    Check out this gallery of evidence: [URL="http://www.spacejay.com/Evidence/Ufo-Fotos/Ufo-Fotos-01.htm"]Link![/URL] :D
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    I am sure the goverment has a good reason for not telling everyone everything. I mean if people found out there were not just cattle mutilations but possably human mutilations through history things might start to get out of control. Its a strange feeling to understand we won't be on top of the food chain anymore. Just like poeple there will be good aliens and bad aliens. The Catholic church stating recently that there might be life on other worlds sorta gives it away thats a huge shift in philosophy and theology.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    In all honesty, there are only two real possibilities.

1. We acknowledge the possibility of life on other worlds and accept it, or...
    2. We deny the possibility of life on other worlds.

Typically I wouldn't put things into such a black-and-white description, but I believe it is well grounded in this context. Sustaining the latter is difficult in light of an ever-increasing understanding of the universe's true scope. To concede that life [B]can[/B] exist is typically good enough to allow for cultural shifts to make it a comfortable notion that other forms of life do exist, though perhaps not sharing our corner of space.

(bit of a tangent) Religion offered us a means to deny the possibility of other life by providing many (generally unified within themselves) backstories to tie up the loose ends and allow for things to exist, but their literal histories could not (generally) coexist with life existing simultaneously elsewhere.

The problem at the present seems to be that some folks seem to think that admitting to the existence of other life means that they're all over the place and are clamoring for attention like little space puppies but are silenced by the Space Dogcatcher of (evil) Government Authority. Government coverups may be possible, but the implied scope of things is so large, so thorough that the mechanics of these coverups alone make any possibility of their continued existence nearly impossible.

And even if there was alien contact, who is to say it was friendly? The assumption of most seems to be one of peaceful contact, rather than "Hey, walking target!" Movie continue to be made where the aliens are warlike and crazy and humans prevail, but that seems to be playing on latent fears rather than front-burner logic.

Also, Hoagland's a crackpot and a nut and Mitchell is a bit heavy on the pseudoscience himself. I seem to be unable to remember what for. [Edit: [URL="http://forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?p=174595#post174595"]Biggles[/URL] did for me!]
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    The only unexplained event, which I regard a real proven event and would like to know the answer to, is the strange thing they saw on the way to the Moon in space and couldn't identify, which couldn't be a phase of the rocket or any other part of their ship.

There's also another mystery, which was on the news as a small mention once, but since then I never saw one word of it. It was a mention of strange blue haze/liquid like substance on the surface of some asteroid. It was a few years ago somewhere on the net in a news article.

Anyway, it's quite strange, that a person such as Edgar Mitchell would say something like that. But even the famous and experienced people can talk nonsense for whatever reason.

- PJH
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE=Stingray;174607]Check out this gallery of evidence: [URL="http://www.spacejay.com/Evidence/Ufo-Fotos/Ufo-Fotos-01.htm"]Link![/URL] :D[/QUOTE]For start could someone count how many photos of Lenticularis cloud they have... I'm not bored enough to do it.

And how many times I have to say, it's Hoaxland.

[QUOTE=PJH;174621]But even the famous and experienced people can talk nonsense for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]That's the job description of politicians.
    Also when it comes to most loudest persons in media they wouldn't know the difference between snowball and rock even if hit between eyes.

[QUOTE=JackN;174603]Probably not, but it is obvious something abnormal is going on.[/QUOTE]I agree, Bush administration suddenly warming relations with Iran is far from normal.
    [QUOTE=E.T;174632]For start could someone count how many photos of Lenticularis cloud they have... I'm not bored enough to do it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that as well, perhaps to a person with poor eyesight those clouds might look like flying saucers. :D
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE=E.T;174632]And how many times I have to say, it's Hoaxland.
    [/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/parsimonious/cats/loled.jpg[/IMG]

Jake

[SIZE="1"]Wiseguy, hope you don't mind.[/SIZE]