Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Any of you like swimming?

E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
Here's my definition of perfect swimming evening:

First you warm up in ~100C/215F sauna for about five minutes. (not long enough to start real sweating)
Then you'll keep on swimming in 20C/68F lake for fair half hour with air being little above 10C/50F so that vapour in exhalation starts to condense. (you don't want to get out of water because it's much warmer in there)
And after that you'll go to cooling ~90C/195F (no one wasn't keeping it warm) sauna.

That way you don't get cold or hot at any time.

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I hear you. Me and my brother used to have an annual event at january 1st every year, but we neve stayed in as long.. ;)
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    Actually, I hate swimming. Especially in the sea or a swimming hall.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Not unless I have to. You don't want to know what's in the water.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Around here? In the sludge that passes for rivers, lakes and oceans? Are you crazy?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I absolutely love swimming and being in the water. Unfortunately my skin gets dried out severely by even having a shower, so while swimming is fun, the day or so afterwards isn't very nice :(
  • Yesterday:

800M Free Warmup
    4 X 50M Drill Reverse IM
    7 X 200M (Even's IM, Odd's Free)
    5 X 100M Kick W/ Fins
    800 Free Triathlon Race Pace ("Endurance")
    100 Warm Down

3800 Meters used to be a really easy workout when I swam for the University. It almost killed me yesterday. :) Still love swimming. It makes your hair look great too: :csmile: