Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

If any of you will be on or near Long Island on Sunday....

sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
Sanfam and I will be visiting Coney Island for the day tomorrow (Sunday the 24th) because Coney Island is closing down permanently on Sept 3 and we want to see it before it's gone forever. We intend to leave from Sanfam's house around 11am for a noon arrival and be there until round 6pm. If anyone wants to join in for a spontaneous get-together, PM myself or Sanfam and we will contact you or give you our contact info.

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Whats happening to Coney island?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It's closing down permanently. On Sept 3.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    The Men in Black decided they no longer needed it for space ship storage.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=Messiah;175249]Whats happening to Coney island?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Biggles;175250]It's closing down permanently. On Sept 3.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Random Chaos;175251]The Men in Black decided they no longer needed it for space ship storage.[/QUOTE]

I've got a theory on how you guys got such high post counts..

One asks a silly question, the other repeats the obvious answer given already in the original post and the last one gives a ludicrous answer just for good measure. :D

What a dream team!
  • and don't forget person #4 who posts this

:noidea:

:D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I'll have you know that all my posts contain valuable information. Just because that information may be stolen from somewhere else, that makes it no less valuable!
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    What's in Coney Island? What is the place?
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Well, it's an island full of coneys...
    The entire peninsula is closing down? Or just the part seen in Cloverfield? Or just the beach?

Im not form the states so though my questions may be silly, they are from lack of insight, not anything else.. :p
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Just Astroland is closing down, Astroland Park is the home of the Cyclone one of the oldest wooden rollercoasters in America (some call Coney Island the home of the roller coaster)

Many other parts of Coney Island will still be open, but most of the amusement park bits are closing down (the best of them including Luna Park and Steeplechase Park burned down years ago) The area has undergone a resergence since Keyspan Park was built a few years ago (keyspan park is the home of the Brooklyn Cyclones, Minor League affiliate of the New York Mets) it is also the home of Nathans Famous, Possibly the best hotdogs on the planet.
    What's a coney? :D
  • [quote] Stingray said:

What's a coney? :D [/quote]

"Coney is an English word for a rabbit, or rabbit hair."I therefore refer you to
    Wiseguy's post. :p
    That's odd, I've never heard the expression a "bunny coney." :D
    Youve never seen the two towers where Sam caught a brace (or was it a pair) of coneys?
    [I]Oryctolagus cuniculus[/I] is Latin for coney, a European rabbit. Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not a zoologist. :D

Now that you mention it, I may have heard the term before, but I didn't make the connection. I must have dismissed it as yet another innocuous Kiwi expression for some household contraption. :D
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    So I must say I did definitely did not expect what happened, you two are some set of swingers! HAHA I kid, I kid.

Thanks for getting me out of the house Sanfam, and Callie. Had a good time but I think I can explain my lack of energy. I deliberately left my cigs at home thinking I could do without them while meeting you two. I noticed when I got home and took a puff I immediately regained some energy. It seems the nicotine was leaving my body and thus both decreasing my energy and my concentration.

Sorry guys although I hope I didn't bore you too much I certainly was well entertained. :D Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you both in April for I-Con.
    Please tell me at least one of you had a Nathans Dog for me while you were there!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Entil'Zha, the tally is at six for me alone. 2x Plain, 1x Cheesedog, 1x Bacon Cheesedog, 2x Fried Corndog. The Bacon variant wins for most bacon ever found on a hotdog, but the Corndogs win for flavor and overall quality.

It's (almost) always pleasant to meet a fellow forum resident. Unless they try to kill me. Then it's not. Of course, I'm not saying anything like that happened...
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    I had two actually and Sanfam had more than me.

Yeah, we had a good time. I managed to get Sanfam, Mr.-I'm -Scared-of-Heights on both the Wonder Wheel (ferris wheel of doom, and on the swinging car no less!) AND on the Cyclone. We also played some games (I won a little stuffed Stewie Griffin!), wandered the boardwalk and beach, did the bumper cars and had lots of carnival food.

The worst part was getting there. Due to some construction on the LIRR track, it took us [b]FOUR[/b] freaking hours to get from Huntington to Coney Island Station. It didn't help that we kept missing the express trains....[i]repeatedly[/i]. So we left Huntington around noon, got there at 4pm and stayed till they closed at 10. Took a TON of pics, still have to download them and sort.
    i don't like the wonder wheel, not at all, not one little bit! but i go on it whenever im' there anyway, and of course, i always love going on the Cyclone, i'll have to get back on it a tsome point when i get back to NYC.
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    You love the Cyclone, but you don't like the Wonder Wheel..... O.o

*confused*