Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

School shooting again...

C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
[url]http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/09/23/finland.school.shooting/index.html[/url]

The info there isn't really reliable because the shooting only happened a few hours ago.

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    My condolences, that sucks.

He even posted a "warning" on youtube. The bastard.
  • Yeah... :(

Apparently the shooter tried a suicide, but he is still alive and taken into hospital. Hopefully he survives, so he can be an example for others who try to do stupid things.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    The police even had him on a interview yesterday because of the youtube videos.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=sinclair;175808]Hopefully he survives, so [B]he can be an example for others who try to do stupid things.[/B][/QUOTE]

Somehow I doubt that.
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    Heard the news a few hours ago at work.

Hard to believe this is happening again in here. At this rate we need armed guards and metal detectors at schools and whatnot.

:(

- PJH
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    You know if any of these kids had any idea about making a real statement they'd not even pull the trigger. How do you expect to be respected when your pulling the trigger on innocent people?

My opinion is this:

Using a gun to kill is wrong however using the force of threat with a gun in times of political dissent are reasonable. Now I don't know whats going on in Finland so I can't say its reasonable for someone to attempt to take a group hostage and make demands.

But my best example of this is the movie John Q. If you've never seen it basically one man's child requires a kidney or he will die. Hes on a waiting list gets pissed off and takes hostages in a hospital. That in my opinion though controversial is worth the risk.

If our government all of a sudden decided to declare Martial Law you bet your ass god I'd be out there attempting something similar, but I'd never pull the trigger even if one was pointed at me.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE=JohnnyOnTheSpot;175812]How do you expect to be respected when your pulling the trigger on innocent people?[/QUOTE]Easy...
    Just look at what ass/carrionfly "journalists"/media does with these?
    Give hundreds of pages of free advertising and publicity.

Could at least use names like "looser of the year" instead of that!
  • FreezeFreeze Disguised as a Trainee
    The shooter died in hospital some time ago, one of the seriously injured victims died also. So, that's a total of 11 casualties so far.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [url]http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/200809230152743_uu.shtml[/url]

Some vid, the second one is his "goodbye" message.

I must say.. what is wrong with these psychos? HE could have gone to the goverment, the parliament or something to shoot out if he felt like.

Coward and a loser.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=Lord Refa;175819]Coward and a loser.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    Couldn't agree more. Shooting not only innocent people, but young people who still have their lives ahead and lots of dreams about future.

- PJH
  • FreezeFreeze Disguised as a Trainee
    Okay, now this sucks big time.

During yesterday, me and my co-workers figured out that the gunman's step father works for the same employer. He's a good man, and he & his family are in heavy turmoil at the moment.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I think this might well be the first time in FO history when so many people have ever agreed with Refa!

There really is no excuse for targetting innocents, no matter the cause
    Things would be so much better in the world if everyone always agreed with me.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    That's debatable. :p
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;175838]I think this might well be the first time in FO history when [B]so many people have ever agreed with Refa![/B][/QUOTE]

I count exactly two. Hardly a crowd. :D

[QUOTE=Lord Refa;175845]Things would be so much better in the world if everyone always agreed with me.[/QUOTE]

So what would be your solution to this tragedy? A gun for every student?
    Hell no. Do you know what kind of idiots the people/kids in Finland are these days?

Nope.. It would be from mutual respect and fear of me that they would stay in line. You know, me being the God Emperor of All That Is Known.

Only god, and only religion would be based on my teachings.

Happiness ensues. Technology leaps forward in.. leaps. Very large ones. World hunger would be cleared.

All the dissidents would be shot into space, with a very large cannon.

Or blown to bits trying.
  • Somehow I associate Lord Refa with "[url=http://apina.biz/9695.jpg]Final Boss of the Internet[/url]" (NSFW).
    If I was an american, I would sue you for slander and emotional distress.

sniff. I am so hurt right now you know. Deeply.
  • My sincerest condolences goes out to the families of the victims. :(