Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Cleaning out Harddrive

Hi, I have tons of pics, files, etc from B5, including an alternate version of the original B5 sites.
I want to dump them or delete them.
Anyone want them?

I can upload to an account somewhere if someone wants to set one up.

Comments

• Pixel_DonkeyPixel_Donkey Earthforce Officer
    Hi, what is the total size of the files? Don't delete them yet.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Don't delete anything just yet.

What exactly have you got? Pictures yes but what other files?
  • under 500 meg I think, though I just deleted half of the files..... (I had archived the site with all of the trailers, and it was huge but it is gone now) - the original game trailers, game music, an archived copy of the sites before they were deleted, some concept drawing stuff from crusade, quicktime 3d shots of the zocalo, Sheridan's office, mars, the observational dome... some renderings....
    shots of items on sale on ebay...
    some random files I probably added by mistake...
    oh, and 2 concept photos for the original BG cylon which look whacked.

I am still going through my HD, so may find something of interest.... though the 3d quicktime files are pretty neat.
  • how's your upload speed?
    I'll nab you some FTP space on my server to upload it all to...
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Let me snag Sanfam this evening. We can probably give you a drop spot somewhere on Firstones server so that we can go through it.

Whatever you do, do not delete.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Yes, DO NOT delete anymore, a lot of this stuff sounds like it would be good for the archive project.

It's a real shame you didn't wait and deleted half the files, they could have been worth saving too :(

Worf
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Yes! Silencer, would it be at all possible to convince you to run an undelete utility to recover some of the lost files? I've got a couple of free ones that would be of possible utility.

I have a great amount of interest in finding said things and keeping them for historical value. I could provide FTP access for them to be uploaded to a server if needed.
  • Hi, Sanfam wrote me wondering what was up.
    For some reason I thought this post was deleted, I had to search under my name to find it. Didn't know it had further replies.
    Yes, still have the files weighing in at 905 meg.
    No internet at the moment, moved, installed soon. Wardriving at the moment.
    Running undelete would be impractical as I have 1.5 terrabytes in various drives, and have been swapping files across, thus overwritten to be sure.

Someone would have to sort through it all, but much of it is solid B5 history. Probably 250 megs of stuff that I can't find online anymore.
    If sanfam can email me when ready to go, I will start the upload process.
    Cheers!
  • RambieRambie Earthforce Officer
    Sanfam,

I too have some old B5 files sitting around... mostly fan made 3D models from when I was working on a B5 mod for Space Empires IV.

I'll have to see where I stuck them, but if you're interested let me know.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Would you be interested in releasing them into the public domain? Sanfam has details :)
    Croxis,

I didn't make the models, I'm SO not a 3D artist.

I found them freely on the Internet so I think I could safely hand them over to you guys with no problems. Most of them say they are free for non-commerical use in their TXT files if I remember right.

Most of the files were form sites like: Beyond Babylon, B5 The Place to Be, and Eplision Jumpgate from like 8 to 10 years ago. (shudder to think how fast time has went by). They were mostly old Light Wave or 3D Studio files.

I'll have to dig around my old HD but I'm sure the files are there somewhere.

I sent Sanfram a PM with my email address so he can contact me.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I've got a bunch of the old B5 3D models, too. I don't have the original archives and read mes, though, and some of them have been modified by me. I sent a few of Matt Tarling's things that have never been put mirrored to him when he turned up at Foundation3D and told us he'd lost his harddrive with his models on them sometime in the last several years.
    400meg

I found the files and most of them are still zip in their original compressed form, it's about 350MB total.

I can burn them onto a CD and mail it if you guys want them. I have plans no to delete them, but I'd like to share them with the community and any MOD designers who may want to use them.
  • I hate to get off topic, but what am I supposed to do with these files?
    I am in the USA til the 19th, so let me know.
    I will be deleting them soon.
    Check your PM inbox. FTP information has been sent.
    Sanfam,

I can also upload the files of mine if you'd like. Just PM me the FTP info.

BTW, there was an error in my last post: I have NO plans to delete the files I have...
    silencergroup, I've sent an email and a PM...hopefully you're watching this thread. Rambie, you've been PMed
  • Do we still have the original Babylon 5: Into the Fire web site in a fully functional state archived on FirstOnes? You know, the one that FirstOnes had up an running here so it looked just like you were right at the official Babylon 5: Into the Fire site after Sierra said they were going to cancel the game, but then Sierra made FirstOnes take it down? :)

I would think that the whole Babylon 5: Into the Fire site was burned to a blank CD or DVD for safe keeping some time ago. :)
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    like this [url]http://www.firstones.com/b5games/[/url] ?
  • whats the word on these files?

I have a particular interest in the 3D models. :D

(And a few hundred gigs of webspace, push come to shove...)
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    I call shenanigans.
    files were uploaded. I'll have to sort at some point. If anyone wants to peruse, drop me a line and I'll let you in.
  • maxdamagemaxdamage Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE=A2597;177628]whats the word on these files?

I have a particular interest in the 3D models. :D

(And a few hundred gigs of webspace, push come to shove...)[/QUOTE]
    Same here!
  • RubberEagle: Yeah, that's it! :) Thanks for the link, I'm glad to see we have kept it all this time. :)

One day, B5:ItF will be finished (with updated graphics, of course), and that will be a great day for B5 fans! :)