Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

And so the end begins (Galactica) (S4.5 Spoilers through current episode)

WORFWORF The Burninator
Tonight, 10pm.

[IMG]http://forums.bathtub-productions.com/images/smilies/cylon_newanime001.gif[/IMG]

Comments

• Be there or be square. :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Yup, can't wait to see what they've cooked up for us :)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I don't get to see it until Sunday :(

Worf
  • Hooray for DVR!
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I may not get to see it saturday night either. Some friends have suggested going out for some beers. How dare they :D
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    11PM for me. I've notified everyone I will meet them for beers after 12:01am.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Will be about 3pm on Saturday for me, but rest assured I will be seeing it on time ^^
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Well, is it safe to come out now? I mean this almost sounded like the second coming... I thought it was just another scifi show. :D
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I had DirecTV come out to the new house today so i could watch it in High Definition Glory, only to find out that i dont have a clear enough line of sight for the dish! NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo Lucky there is an old dish on the roof that gets the SD feed of Sci-Fi, so i can at least watch,

but now i've got to get cable, blech.
  • zomg!
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    worth the wait
  • interesting but sorta anti climatic
    Interesting and somewhat creepy to for some reason.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Hardly anti-climatic. Many things were revealed in this episode, although many new questions... such as what did that last line mean. Spoiler: Everything is in place
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Spoiler: When Starbuck found her body, and i thought they were saying she was the 5th, i thought "LAME", but then as the ep went on, and you saw the 4 on earth 2k years ago, and Tigh had the memory of Ellen... i think i've got it.. Earth was not the 13th colony, Earth was the FIRST colony, where it all started, and I think i know who the 5th cylon is... EVERYONE, They are ALL fraking Cylons!

***EDIT***
    Spoiler: Oh yeah, and what did you think about "D" offing herself? i was a bit shocked even though I saw it coming, the way she was looking at the picture the second she took off her ring, i turned to my wife and said "BANG"
    Spoiler: You know I've been watching the show with some friends since the beginning and saw The Farm the day before. The cylons know Kara has a destiny. Whatever she is is a result of whatever got taken out of her there.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Spoiler: Stingray, 6 January 2009, 07:31 PM: "Oh, yeah, the blond chick is a Cylon. Thanks man. :D"

Damn I'm good. The question remains as to which one? :D
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;178815] Spoiler: When Starbuck found her body, and i thought they were saying she was the 5th, i thought "LAME", but then as the ep went on, and you saw the 4 on earth 2k years ago, and Tigh had the memory of Ellen... i think i've got it.. Earth was not the 13th colony, Earth was the FIRST colony, where it all started, and I think i know who the 5th cylon is... EVERYONE, They are ALL fraking Cylons!
    [/QUOTE]

Spoiler: I agree that Earth is likely the first colony, but isn't Ellen Tigh the final Cylon?

You have to hand it to BSG... they aren't afraid to kill off major and recurring characters.

Also, they have proved, once again, that a good story not only answers questions, but raises 10 more. :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    That was really good. As SpaceGhost said, raises a lot more questions than it answered! Cant wait for the next episode now :D

[sp]Dee offing herself was quite shocking, though not entirely unexpected. Well, I expected someone to die in this episode anyway, not necessarily her though. But given how EJO I think it was said that few of them make it to the end I expected the first would come in this one.

As for Ellen being the final Cylon, it would fit with what we saw, and D'anna apologising to her in the Temple of 5/opera house given how Ellen was killed before that. And that last statement was certainly cryptic. But if BSG has taught me anything its not to jump to conclusions, so I'll withhold judgement for now[/sp]
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Good episode alright. I watched ep 10 to recap and it connected well with ep 11. The sense of desperation and futility sure did carry over. I think I may need to watch again as I'm scratching my head trying to put the pieces together.

[Spoiler]The revelation about Ellen I didn't see coming. I remember when she first appeared we all thought there was something not quite right with her and they she may have been a cylon. Having re-watched season 1&2 in the last 2 weeks I pretty much thought the same again. Sure was a great play though that she's the 5th. And with what happened to her and Saul really does complicate things. And with her final comment, she seemed to be in the know somehow... hmm.

As for Kara finding herself, christ that was a real head job. So what's so special about Earth that they become reborn? If they are all Cylons then they will all be reborn/reincarnate in the future. But Starbuck came back really quickly. But then she has a destiny which probably has something to do with it.

Sad to see Dee go. Saw it coming too but it was done well.[/Spoiler]

Right off to the pub. Going to mull all of this over a pint.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Spoiler: I'm thinking that the current Kara is a clone created by the Cylons using the embryo they took from her on the Caprica "Farm". The hybrid told them to create her as a "Messiah" of sorts to lead them to... where ever (Earth maybe?). I think they downloaded her memories (somehow) into the clone. Of course, it could be time travel. ;)

On a side note, did anyone else at first think that Tigh was going to kill himself by walking out into the ocean?
    SpaceGhost: [sp]I thought that too, but then thought 'nah wait a minute, he's got no reason to really, the Five have more to gain in answers than anyone else at this point, so why would he?'[/sp]
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    [SP]Waiting for the next ep....wasnt really ready for Dee killing herself....[/SP]
    *cough* spoiler tags *cough*

;)
  • I will admit, there were some surprises.

Spoiler:

Anyone else pick up on Dee planning this from the time she went in to prep talk Adama? I thought it weird that she want from being a wreak to having the gusto to prep-talk Lee...

She played him big time. She wanted to end her life on a happy note, and she knew if she played her cards right, Lee would ask her out. He did. they had a good time. And she even said "This was my best plan ever" or some such as they parted. Then bang. :(

Very well done script there.

And I'll admit, I thought Tigh was going to walk out and swim to his death right then too.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;178815] Spoiler: When Starbuck found her body, and i thought they were saying she was the 5th, i thought "LAME", but then as the ep went on, and you saw the 4 on earth 2k years ago, and Tigh had the memory of Ellen... i think i've got it.. Earth was not the 13th colony, Earth was the FIRST colony, where it all started, and I think i know who the 5th cylon is... EVERYONE, They are ALL fraking Cylons!

***EDIT***
    Spoiler: Oh yeah, and what did you think about "D" offing herself? i was a bit shocked even though I saw it coming, the way she was looking at the picture the second she took off her ring, i turned to my wife and said "BANG" [/QUOTE]

Spoiler: And what did your wife say to that? :p

Spoiler: Oh, and they all being cylons? Well, wouldnt they be able to detect that the same way they detected the skeletons being cylons, and in that case, are we "cylons", i.e. is cylon actually modern human, and human a degeneration of modern men and women.

But I think Ellens saying they will be reborn proves that theory wrong, she knew she was a cylon. Or is it more to it than that, is the series implying that all of us, the species so to speak will be reborn, or, or or? ?

Anyway. Fun.

BTW, wheres Sanfam?
    He's eating CAKE
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Sanfam has been otherwise occupied doing other stuff. Not having cable anymore, I was unable to watch the premier when it aired. Instead, I had to wait the interminable period of time until it was done being acquired by other means :P

The verdict? I loved it. Everything fit well with what we were left with.

[sp]Where do I begin?! We're all (dead) Cylons (though I'm still uncertain if they truly mean mechanical-esque cylons, humanocylons, or some combination).

The death of Dee was shocking, but upon removing the ring I knew something was up, that she was a bit too "lost in the moment." It was terrible for me, as I loved her character.

The breakdown in morale was amazing to watch, the entire crew falling to pieces one at a time.

Ellen being the fifth Cylon was certainly an interesting moment. I liked the idea of her being a model, but her apparent removal from the series seemed to 'Billy' that idea.

The duplicate of Starbuck is something else I await further development on. It's an interesting plot choice that makes me exceptionally curious.

I need to know more about what is, how it all works, and what will be. Is it next week yet?

I might have more to say as time rolls on. I need to re-watch it once more. With luck, the webisodes will fit into place soon enough.[/sp]
    Ah I must admit I havent seen the webisodes, is there linkage?
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Not yet. They seem to take place after this episode. Maybe during the next one. Of course, if these next episodes go on the Season 2.0 schedule with each show taking showing only a few hours and leading right to the next one, it could be three or four episodes until we reach the webisodes, which start six days after the Fleet found Earth, and end three days later.