Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Gillette and the Battle of the Razor Blades

124»

Comments

• FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Well, it is a bit confusing, the article was date 2004, when the quattro came out. It was the president of Gilette saying "F**k it, we're going to 5 blades"

A strange case of life imitating art, or in this case parody...

Jake
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]I really need to get one of those. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll be sorry. :)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I still need to get one too.
  • Don't settle for a Single Blade, not even for just 5, get the [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F7TMlrDXtw] Spishak Mach 20[/url]!!!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I still need to get a dual edge.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    I don't think I'll ever use a dual-edge. Even with my G-Mach 3, It still takes me about ten minutes to shave plus about five minutes just to cool off. I really can't seem to go any faster, cause I like to get everything. Sadly that does cause some razor burn around the adams apple area, which was mainly because I got swindled with fake blades on eBay once - Trying to save some cash, but turns out they were fakes after I'd used them for a couple weeks already. One thing I've noticed about all of the Gilette blades is they get blunt faster than a butter knife, so after 3 shaves that's about it.

I've ordered some razor-relief cream, I've heard this stuff works wonders on razorburns. I haven't tried that preshave cream, because I use facewash on my skin too. Is that preshave cream really that good? Then I might not have to use the razor-relief stuff.
    [QUOTE=HuntSmacker;158164]I've ordered some razor-relief cream, I've heard this stuff works wonders on razorburns.[/QUOTE]

Let me know how that goes.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I've learned a lesson in the world of DE razor blades.

Don't settle for generic blades. Keep a stockpile of a good brand.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I bought myself one of them fusion thingies.. And my skin peels of like a rotten apple.

Maybe I ought to invest some into gels as well or wet it first..

Or wait for my beard to start growing again.
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    [QUOTE=Morden279;141957]Safam, I have heard (from one of my good friends) that beards are a bit of a put-off to the fairer sex. Still, it's currently the lesser of two evils whilst I try to loose some weight... ;)[/QUOTE]

A put off!? Who the hell told you that load of crap? I am personally EXTREMELY attracted to facial hair, provided it's well kept of course. My last boyfriend had a beautifully soft full beard I adored. A guy has to be REALLY good looking to attract me over another guy with a really nice beard or goatee. :D
    Seriously, ask Sanfam, I made him grow his back because I think he's MUCH cuter that way. :shadow2:
    [url=http://www.gillette.com/en-us/#/home/FusionGamer/en-US/index.shtml/]The absurdity![/url]
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Hehe, I just read about that on penny-arcade Biggles. Its quite absurd indeed.

[url]http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/3/2/[/url]
    Wow....way to resurrect a dead thread....
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Dead thread? Hell, looking back, this thread has been resurrected no less than 3 times. I think it now qualifies as an undead thread...

Jake
    You know, I was actually going to make a zombie joke, but decided against it. Guess I should have. XD
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Well, when you consider the last time I posted in this thread was 2 full years ago, I have changed my razor. I primarily use an electric now, its a Braun, one of the models that has its own cleaning station. It does a decent job for routine use. I still keep that gillete mach 5 around for a closer precision shave though.

What I really need though is a new beard/goatee trimmer. Im thinking of getting a Wahl. Anyone use one?
  • I've used my Wahl clippers for haircuts--and more recently, to trim my goatee--since '02, and it's still going strong. I don't use it for my hair anymore, but it works just fine for my goatee.

There isn't much of anything out there anymore that lasts 7 years.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I actually just bought a new combined trimmer/shaving maching. Its not a very complicated trimmer, but its got a few extra stuff from an ordinary shaving machine. Called Braun Cruzer4. Itll have to do til I finally get a job this summer.

(Yay, got a job offering starting directly after my bachelor is done :D)