Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

And so the end begins (Galactica) (S4.5 Spoilers through current episode)

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I'm patiently waiting for the arrival of the Season 4 soundtrack...
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    According to the latest postings on his blog, Bear's leaning towards a two-disc album this year. And then after that come the long-anticipated bonus albums...
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I think a two-disc album is a must with all the great work he's been doing this season, plus Razor and then there's The Plan as well...

Worf
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Man, chief made a big oopsie. Me thinks he's going to burn for this one. There was also one detail I had been wondering about which was pretty much answered in this episode. Anyone notice the pilot briefing room was lacking most of the regulars such as Racetrack? Then Starbuck mentions they've been thinned out because of the mutiny. I guess there really was no pardon this time. They really either threw all of the traitors in the brig or relieved them of duty.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Or fed them to the Cat.
    Gave them blonde wigs.

Worf
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;179999]Or fed them to the Cat.[/QUOTE]
    The cat is dead. They fed them to Jake.
    Music...withdrawl! Must have more! Need music now!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Hehe, Ive had that exact feeling. Like a musical orgasm when I watched the crescendo in the show, and withdrawal afterwards.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Funny how we see, hear and feel different things about this show. Music usually does not factor that much into it, in general anyway, but for some of you it does for BSG. Oddly enough, it does not for me and I like movie soundtracks.
    I wrote a review on Facebook of it, where I proclaimed that Bear is a genious. I love the artistic focus they have on the show, and I mesmerized by the impact music has on me.

I can seriously go out and loose several hours on the dancefloor, no drugs involved, if theyre playing VNV Nation, Beborn Beton, Infected Mushroom etc.

And the episode built it up so beautifully, from the starting, searching, notes until the climax. The climax gives me goosebumps all over my body, shivers down my spine, tears running down my face, uncontrollable laughter etc. Its kinda hard to explain.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I loved the soundtrack during the timesin the show when they were on Cobol.
    I loved how the theme for this episode ("Resolution and Understanding") came across so strong. Everyone has really come to terms with where they are left standing in the greater scheme of things. Adama's revelation of Galactica's fate was by far one of the most emotional moments of tonight. The scene was beautiful.

While there was no real action in that episode, it was mighty fine exposition. Touching and fitting. The sacrifice of the Six early on really showed how much they believe in the unified cause now.

Did anyone else notice the line from the song making an appearance? Also note how many themes were reformed again, heading back to their roots with just a tiny bit of haste.

And boy, would you look at that Cylon Colony! They even had some original Raiders hanging out there! The entire thing looks is fascinating, and its theme reminds me of [I]something[/I] that I can't quite place it.
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    [QUOTE=Messiah;180007]I mesmerized by the impact music has on me.

I can seriously go out and loose several hours on the dancefloor, no drugs involved, if theyre playing VNV Nation, Beborn Beton, Infected Mushroom etc.[/QUOTE]

Dude.....Messiah man, you're exactly like me! There's a club here in Rochester that plays similar music and I get completely lost in it. Music is everything to me. :D: alndance:

Just ask Sanfam what a dance floor destroyer I am.
    Sanfam: agreed on all counts.

I'm wondering why they still have those old raiders, it will be interesting to see what they do with them.

Worf
    My bet is that they were there simply to indicate that this place was [B]old[/B], that it was [I]the[/I] Cylon colony everyone spoke of. Likely nothing much else.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    That had some really nice moments. Does anyone else feel a slight dread building towards Galactica's end? As in the ship. Could well be a tear jerker. Along the lines of B5? Probably not but who knows... gonna miss the old girl for sure!

I do wonder how she's gonna go out. Adama said she's gonna go out in style. Sounds to me like Sam may take her for one last jump and ram the crap out of the colony... after they've rescued Hera of course. But that would mean going down like Pegasus. While impressive its been done, therefore predictable.

I was really excited when I saw the old raiders. I did think it strange they still had them, would have expected them to have been scrapped. Looks like the colony can be moved (thought I could see a base ship stuck on the end). Well pretty obvious since they couldn't find it when they went looking.

I'm itching for new Bear music too. Bring it on!! I think we are all ambassadors for the great Bear. I'm always telling friends how great he is, how rich and layered his style is and that its not just 'scifi' music.
    Since the beginning it's been established by Six that the old centurions, and therefore raiders are still around. "Those models still have their uses".

As far as galactica, it will probably be destroyed but I doubt it will be rammed like Pegasus.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I think this episode had some good moments but in the end was quite shallow compared to the last episode.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    This post contains some hypothetical guessing as to what may happen. I came up with this while chatting with a buddy today about the show.

Spoiler: We still don't know how Kara came back. But just as interesting as how she herself came back, we have no idea where her Viper came from. To quote Tyrol, its showroom quality. Brand spankin new. A line in the preview for next week had me thinking, the scene was the lone raptor, and Racetrack (i think) saying something to effect of "Your not going to believe this!". What if whomever is responsible for Kara's viper, somehow supplies them with a brand new Battlestar. Like Galactica herself was "reborn", or in the words of Gaius Baltar, crossed over and returned. Would it feel cheap? Or like a cop out? Or do you think it could work?

And also, on a completely unrelated note, I love their incredible use of guest casting on the show. They only have a finite number of humans, so I like seeing ones we have seen before. The elder female captain last night during the "new quorum" meeting was one of the captains who sat on Baltars trial.
    I thought that was Captain Franks (played by Michael Hogan's wife, incidentally). I didn't remember her having an accent, though, so I wasn't sure. I also thought one of the male captains might've been the third speaking captain from Baltar's trial, but that weirded me out because he was supposed to be captain of the ship that was destroyed in the Ionian Nebula, meaning he should probably be dead or, at the very least, not a captain anymore.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE=Sanfam;180029]
    Did anyone else notice the line from the song making an appearance? Also note how many themes were reformed again, heading back to their roots with just a tiny bit of haste.

And boy, would you look at that Cylon Colony! They even had some original Raiders hanging out there! The entire thing looks is fascinating, and its theme reminds me of [I]something[/I] that I can't quite place it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed that line too.

As for the Colony (ship?) it reminded me strongly of V'ger from Star Trek: The Motion Picture
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    The gas giant seen during Boomer's kidnapping looked at LOT like the banding seen on Jupiter.

Oh. I'm going to watch the next episode in the movie theater again. With Starbuck :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE=croxis;180054]The gas giant seen during Boomer's kidnapping looked at LOT like the banding seen on Jupiter.

Oh. I'm going to watch the next episode in the movie theater again. With Starbuck :)[/QUOTE]
    Ya know, you can go right off some people....
    Croxis, I thought that too and makes me wonder again if the Earth they found is not our Earth.

I remember thinking before that they eventually find a suitable planet to call home with the Cylons and decide to call it Earth because thats what they set out to find.

As for Starbuck, make sure you take photos.

Worf
    [QUOTE=WORF;180057]Croxis, I thought that too and makes me wonder again if the Earth they found is not our Earth.[/QUOTE]

Well, they could've just been passing through. Boomer said it took a lot of jumps to get the Colony.
    Boomer was passing through.

I mean the Earth we saw 8 episodes ago, I don't think it is the Earth that we actually live on.
    In the zoom out shot right at the end of season 4.0 you can clearly see north america when they zoom back in. Maybe thats not the planet they landed on but I find it unlikely. I don't think another similar habitable planet in such close proximity could be missed. I actually did notice that planet that looked like Jupiter in this last ep but forgot to point that out.
    [QUOTE=Vorlons in my Head;180066]In the zoom out shot right at the end of season 4.0 you can clearly see north america when they zoom back in. Maybe thats not the planet they landed on but I find it unlikely. I don't think another similar habitable planet in such close proximity could be missed. I actually did notice that planet that looked like Jupiter in this last ep but forgot to point that out.[/QUOTE]

Close proximity? Didnt they zoom right out of the galaxy before they did the zoom in?

[QUOTE=sataicallista;180030]Dude.....Messiah man, you're exactly like me! There's a club here in Rochester that plays similar music and I get completely lost in it. Music is everything to me. :D: alndance:

Just ask Sanfam what a dance floor destroyer I am.[/QUOTE]

I figured I couldnt be alone. Nice to meet another cylon, finally. :p

Sanfam? What kind of destroyer of dancefloors is she?

Sadly though, since my tinnitus began in earnest, I have been enjoying silence too much and music too little.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=SpiritOne;180044]
    Spoiler: We still don't know how Kara came back. But just as interesting as how she herself came back, we have no idea where her Viper came from. To quote Tyrol, its showroom quality. Brand spankin new. A line in the preview for next week had me thinking, the scene was the lone raptor, and Racetrack (i think) saying something to effect of "Your not going to believe this!". What if whomever is responsible for Kara's viper, somehow supplies them with a brand new Battlestar. Like Galactica herself was "reborn", or in the words of Gaius Baltar, crossed over and returned. Would it feel cheap? Or like a cop out? Or do you think it could work?[/QUOTE]

Spoiler: Perhaps when they go to the Cylon colony they will find a Battlestar captured during the war, recapture it, and name it Galactica. :)