Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Ten years

Ten years ago today (or it might have been April 14. Not totally sure) I first registered and posted at WB's Babylon 5 boards. Since then, I've consistently posted at one B5 board or another. Feels kind of weird thinking about that. This also means that I've been a B5 fan for about 11 years.
Sorry if this seems pretentious. I just felt like I couldn't let this day go by without mentioning it.

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    Only 11 years?

I've been a B5 fan since the show was first broadcast over here ;)

Worf
  • I really was never part of a B5 forum until signing up on the Sierra forums in summer of '99. Sigh....

Though I have been a fan since at least '95.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=WORF;180922]Only 11 years?

I've been a B5 fan since the show was first broadcast over here ;)

Worf[/QUOTE]

Same here. Boggles the mind..
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Just think... in 30 years' time, we'll be like people who grew up on TOS are now. :D
    I grew up on TAS you know. I might not have been here when it aired, but they showed it on swedish tv when I was small.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    (Chorus) Back in the summer of '99
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    1999, back in the 20th century.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    i grew up on TOS even though it had been off the air for 4 years or so when i was born. I don't think i was on any of the B5 boards until the Sierra forums. but i can't really remember that far back, lol but this october will be 10 years here. thats kinda scary..
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    I lurked around here for a couple years before finally having something to say. But I preferred B5 to Trek's DS9 back in the day. The hardest part about being a fan then was trying to figure out when TNT moved its airing to.
    [QUOTE=Messiah;180928]I grew up on TAS you know. I might not have been here when it aired, but they showed it on swedish tv when I was small.[/QUOTE]

Well OK, so did I (that and TNG in its original run in NZ). But you know what I mean. :D
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    It's been, 10 years since he looked at me, turned his head to the side and said "In Fire"
    I grew up watching TOS, it was on BBC2 in the early 90s ;)

Worf
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Since Firstone's Ten Year Anny is in September, what should we do?

Jake
    Hunt down the people responsible for us being here and telling them "Look what insanity you unleashed upon the world by cancelling the game!" :D

Worf
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'd rather just hunt them down and brutally murder them personally
    [QUOTE=Biggles;180940]Well OK, so did I (that and TNG in its original run in NZ). But you know what I mean. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its been hell. My friends and Ive been talking about TOS while in school and I brought up stuff like Spocks cat, and everyone looked at me like I was crazy. :p
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE=Messiah;180949]...and everyone looked at me like I was crazy. :p[/QUOTE]

It must be comforting then to have us all looking at you in the same way :D
    And he looks back the same way. :D

[QUOTE=Freejack;180945]Since Firstone's Ten Year Anny is in September, what should we do?[/QUOTE]

Actually, Firstones' ten year anniversary was a while ago. The cancellation's ten year anniversary is in September. Amazing, really.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Hrm, I went off the earliest join date, which was Grinner's on Sep 20 1999. Of course the board places his last visit date as Dec 1969...so I could be wrong...

Jake
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    What the hell? There's a lot of members that the board says last visited in 1969. OK, who's been playing with the time machine again?
    Many of the dates can't be trusted. :p They got messed up when we switched boards, or during one of the many UBB crashes, creating all the 1969s. If the date sounds reasonable, it probably is. If not, blame UBB.

[QUOTE=Freejack;180966]Hrm, I went off the earliest join date, which was Grinner's on Sep 20 1999. Of course the board places his last visit date as Dec 1969...so I could be wrong...[/QUOTE]

The boards were created on the day of the cancellation (September 20th/21st, depending on where you were in the world at the time). Firstones.com was around for quite a while before that.
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;180956]It must be comforting then to have us all looking at you in the same way :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Biggles;180962]And he looks back the same way. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh, Ive just gotten used to it. The fact that people believe Im normal nowadays kinda means they dont, either.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    EVERYBODIES INSANE!

WARLEADER your requested in docking bay 2019.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=Biggles;180976]Many of the dates can't be trusted. :p They got messed up when we switched boards, or during one of the many UBB crashes, creating all the 1969s. If the date sounds reasonable, it probably is. If not, blame UBB.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the same can be said about the astronomical post count of one user in particular. :D
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    Then the nazis really did win the war...
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    I remeber the Sierra boards and how bummed out we were and then I got a message about this board and how we could make sure the game was still made....(haaa) they lied to me!!!! I also remeber the open contest to name the new warship "worlock" or somehting like that.
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    Hmmm I remember seeing the pilot for B5 being advertised on tv and thought that looks like a cool show to watch and been a fan since then :D
    The Radio Times (TV Guide over here) used to have a scifi section and when B5 was coming they had a big article about it. I read that and thought it sounded very interesting so watched the pilot and then the series itself.

Worf
    I was bored one Saturday afternoon. "Ha! Look at the funny hair! Hey wait... that's a pretty cool ship!"

[QUOTE=Stingray;180982]I'm pretty sure the same can be said about the astronomical post count of one user in particular. :D[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately for you and your meagre post count, the post counts survived reliably because they're just integers. :p The dates tended not to due to different date formats.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I still think the numbers are bogus, this would mean you've spent years posting messages all by yourself as there is probably no one here with as large a post count as yours. :D

I also noticed that you only post in waves... so obviously you exist in an alternate dimension, where time has no meaning. :D

Integers, you say, so how about adding some to my bank account? :D