Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

scottish/uk firstones meeting (bar crawl)

Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
So! Data Crystal and I are planning a kind of short meeting where we will end up quite drunk at sometime during this summer (I cant remember the exact days.. but will be at some 3 week period during june or so).. Just wondering if anyone else interested?

Mind you. We will get drunk.

Comments

• Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Would be in Edinburgh/Glasgow area.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    hmms if you can get a definitive date: Yes

I have plans to finish school during the summer.
    possibly on 5-7 of june..
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    May be able to pull it off, I'll keep you updated.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Thats when I graduate. Ill gladly go to any this autumn though, as Ill have more than enough money to spare.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'm gonna be away on placement still then I'm afraid :(
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    Yarr, well, the date can't fit everyone, that's an unfortunate fact. :I

In any case, looks good to me as far as preliminary planning goes. Edinburgh would be perfect for me as a location, but I don't mind a bit of a trip either. Although I'll be staying in Edinburgh, I most probably can't accommodate people. At least not many. :D I'll be staying with a host family and I don't intend to show up one night with a number of shitfaced people. :D I don't think they'd appreciate that. Might even kick me out. :p

But. Details. Nothing more. :) The only thing that remains open on my end is the schedule, since I'll be there to do some studying, so there's always the off chance of some organized trip or somewhat since we haven't been given the exact schedule yet.

But yeah, a drunken gettogether. 'td be nice. If we can gather a crowd, 'tis always better. :) :csmile:
    If at Edinburgh... would need a place to stay for sure. :)

In glasgow.. well, would be same. More or less.. Just would have to spend the night at one trainstation. Instead of two. heh.
    Would be easiest for me to stay in Greenock.. But its fucking boring. :P
    How about we go see Terminator 4 before we start drinking? Or start drinking in the morning, go see the movie, and then continue with the drinking?
  • Pixel_DonkeyPixel_Donkey Earthforce Officer
    If only I visited here more often and got to know you all a lot better. I can get to Glasgow but I dowt I'll come :(
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Bah, you folks need to stop by here :p
    Right, so. The 5-7th looks fine to me at the moment, but on saturday we've got a scheduled bus tour that lasts until 12.30, after which I believe I should be quite free. :)

Terminator 4 sounds great as well. If Refa needs a place to stay, that, however, might be tricky. :) I can ask my host family of one, but the basic rules stipulate that no guests are allowed. Maybe we should check out the hostels just for the heck of it? :D
    Or just take some extra bottles in our bags and spend the night outside? :P

Just few hours heh.

So saturday it is? And after 12:30? Sounds good to me... Edinburgh or Glasgow?

Mind if I bring along one finnish co-worker who has been drinking around those parts, unless he's gotten some other plans yet. :P
    Nope, don't mind. I dropped you a message on FB. In order for me to be able to make it anywhere on saturday, I apparently have to skip the trip. 'tis a bit of a shame, but you can't have everything. :P 'tis a free bus tour, but still.
    I still cant believe how you were able to drink the rest of your bottle.. argh.. Even thinking about it makes me.. :indysick:
  • If I had good money comming in while unemployed... a trip to europe would have been awsome. Unfortunatly I can't drive my car there otherwise I would.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Drive to Alaska, get your car transported by boat across to Siberia, then continue driving to France. Then take another boat or the channel tunnel to the UK and drive up to Scotland. Easy! :)

Worf
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Catapult. Very big catapult.
  • LOL, lets see here. 3 days to ancorage, then possibly 2 days over to shanghai, then around 6-8 days to scotland... yea, I'll survive that trip... Especially I don't know chinese, russian, and god knows what else I might run into. All that would save my ass is I know how to ask for the bathroom in Germany :p
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    You don't need Chinese. Going through Shanghai would be a massive and unnecessary diversion. :p
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    My suggested route never mentioned China...

Worf
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I'm sure the Trans-Siberian Hwy is lovely in the late Spring...

Jake
  • Well it's really hard to tell what roads exist, I just quickly used yahoo maps to get a guestimate, but it can't map any paths up that far. I could only map to ancorage. And I wasn't aware there was a trans-syberian road...
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    They have roads in that part of Russia, I've seen them! Although you'd probably need a 6-wheel-drive to traverse some of them...
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    It would probably help if it was amphibious as well..
    You could always tunnel a direct path from your home strait through the Earth!
  • Get an amphibious 6 wheeler that has a drill on the front... that's what I'll do. So where do I post the fictional vehicle fund at so people can donate? lol
    Post it care of me. I'll collect all the money for you, and make sure it is well spent.