Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Torchwood

WORFWORF The Burninator
Season 2 begins today.

Worf

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    was it worth the wait? and the constant countdown reminders?! :p
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Yes. It was.

Actually I'd go as far as saying it's one of the best episodes I've seen.

Worf
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    ah, damn, i wanted to have my satellite dish ready for this (It is also broadcast on BBC HD like the first series, isn't it?)
    It is. You get BBC channels in Austria?

Worf
    That remains to be seen...
    According to some sources, with a satellite dish thats 80cm or bigger in diameter we can receive the signals from the Satellite that BBC HD is transmitted over....
    Yep that was definitely one of the best, if not the best torchwood episode so far.
    Spoiler: and from the trailer-bit at the end it seems that James Marsters is in an other episode :)
    And the second episode was just as good.

Spoiler: There were quite a few elements in the episode that made me think the writer had been watching the Terminator movies just before he wrote it.

11 more chances to be disapointed.

Worf
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    The ministry of silly posse walks is open for the season.
    Four good episodes so far.

Spoiler: The story for yesterday's episode was good but one thing that bothered me is the way the characters behaved. Previously Owen has been hinting that he's interested in Tosh but today she was acting that way and he wasn't noticing. Ianto being very ruthless as well, seems a bit odd but at least they've given him some personality this year.

Worf
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=WORF;169751]Four good episodes so far.[/quote]

It's a parallel universe, I'm telling you!

[QUOTE] Spoiler: The story for yesterday's episode was good but one thing that bothered me is the way the characters behaved. Previously Owen has been hinting that he's interested in Tosh but today she was acting that way and he wasn't noticing.[/quote]

Spoiler: Or was acting that way on purpose...

[quote] Spoiler: Ianto being very ruthless as well, seems a bit odd but at least they've given him some personality this year.[/QUOTE]

Spoiler: He's loyal, and he was only using a stun gun. :)
    While that episode Spoiler: very morbid and depressing, with Owen not able to enjoy anything now that he's dead, it was still good.

8 in a row.

Worf
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    Ok, what the hell. I just watched the final episode of the season. Spoiler: Are Owen and Tosh really dead? Did the actors seriously want to leave the show? After all Owen went through? Seems a bit hard to believe, but those exits were pretty fantastic and final.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I've figured it out!

The reason series 2 of Torchwood was so good is because we have to put up with Tate for series 4 of Doctor Who.
    [QUOTE=sataicallista;171828]Ok, what the hell. I just watched the final episode of the season. Spoiler: Are Owen and Tosh really dead? Did the actors seriously want to leave the show? After all Owen went through? Seems a bit hard to believe, but those exits were pretty fantastic and final.[/QUOTE]

Spoiler: AFAIK they are gone, though we never really saw what happened to Owen. But one thing was imo clear since he became undead: Keeping him in this state would not be feasable for long. Since he can't heal any injuries he gets, he couldn't really take many risks. And every injury he takes has to be tracked in subsequent episodes.
    Spoiler: I agree, he would either have to never go into a dangerous situation (not realistic considering his job) or it would become a nightmare to keep track of all his injuries. I'm betting that Martha will take Owen's job, Captain John will replace Tosh if there's a third series.

Worf
  • This is just Russel T. Davies's way of hitting the audience over the head with a baseball bat and calling it "deep."

Seriously, Spoiler: literally burying your main character for 1800 or so years, and having him pop out completely sane after having spent 1800 years of doing nothing but dying over and over again? Spoiler: Killing off one of your main characters, but keeping him around to fill two episodes with emo whining about how he's dead? Or how about Spoiler: introducing a species of giant, poorly rendered blobs of meat with extremely expressive eyes and plantive howls just long enough to torture and kill it?

I still think it's a good show, but there are times when its attempts to tug at my heartstrings fall rather flat.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I have a bit of a pet-peeve about calling any time a character gets the least bit depressive "emo." What makes emo emo is that those people don't actually have any real problems that justify their faux depression. Spoiler: Being clinically dead, I would think, qualifies someone to feel a little put-out.
    I have to agree with David of Mac. Spoiler: Owen had a pretty good reason to be upset, if anything emo people would probably be glad to be dead.

Worf
    The third season started today and runs every night for the rest of the week. Anyone else watching it?

It got off to a good start in my mind, looking forward to seeing where they take the story.

Worf
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Yeah watched that last night. Was quite good actually. Will tune in tonight.
  • They're dropping like flies.
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Downloading! :)
  • Wow, I clearly forgot what show I was watching; I should have expected that downer ending.
    I liked the ending.

Worf
  • In BetweenIn Between The Ultimate Lurker
    Just saw Day 5.

Wow INTENSE and a great season 3 !!!!

Season 4 ?
    It's been getting huge ratings this year, so I imagine the BBC will want to make another season.
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Trivia: Link between Jeremiah and Torchwood - Children of Earth (well, sort of)