Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

So I was watching RoboTech: The Shadow Chronicles the other night

FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
Saturday night I was really in the mood to see some good ole-fashion space battle sequences. The wife had commendered the TV to watch Fiddler on the Roof, so I decided to see what I could find on the interwebs.

Lucky Hulu had Robotech as a featured movie, and during the opening I noticed one of the producers listed as Jason Netter, and sure enough, he is the grandson of Douglas Netter : [url]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0626697/bio[/url]

Anyway, the movie was alright, but it had exactly what I was looking for...lots of battles in space...so I enjoyed it.

Jake

Comments

• "Find" Macross Frontier. You won't be disappointed.
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Robotech...memories :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    You have my condolences.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    No need for condolences, the movie gave me what I wanted at the time, lots of things blowing up other things in space....

But yeah, not that good a movie.

Jake
    It was robotech. Of course it wasn't good. :D
  • Hey, robotech is still a great show for it's time despite the new Macross shows, which is very loosly related to robotech, are alot more kickass (I still wistle to Planet Dance from Macross 7)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    If you want to see stuff blowing up in space, try [URL="http://www.vimeo.com/5383555"]this[/URL] ;)

Worf
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Giggles' just messin' with ya. :D
    [QUOTE=Trident;183186]Hey, robotech is still a great show for it's time despite the new Macross shows, which is very loosly related to robotech, are alot more kickass (I still wistle to Planet Dance from Macross 7)[/QUOTE]

You appear to have it backwards. Robotech was made by butchering the footage from the original (excellent) Super Dimensional Macross series and footage from two other, completely unrelated series, together with an entirely new story. That is the only relation between them.
  • [QUOTE=Trident;183186]Hey, robotech is still a great show for it's time despite the new Macross shows, which is very loosly related to robotech, are alot more kickass (I still wistle to Planet Dance from Macross 7)[/QUOTE]Macross 7 is pretty terrible. I couldn't finish it.
    I can't help but wonder what they were thinking with Macross 7, particularly as they produced the excellent Macross Plus at the same time.
  • I think 7 mostly focused on how music really affected people (one part of protoculture). I mean a guy who sang his soul to over it's limit just because he first wanted to move a mountain with a song. It was mostly focused on SDF just on Minmei and the Zentradi, but 7 focused more on everyone, including the enemy. A man who did everything he could to make his music move people's souls and stop the inherant fighting spirit that all creatures have. He sang for hate, love, peace, all emotions and never did it for himself, he always did it for everyone to hear and to be moved by it. He didn't do it for the money, or to become as famous as Minmei, he sang for everyone's soul.
    Biggles: I do keep Macross and Robotech seperate, just the mech's is what kept me going inbetween both. It's the only likeness all of it has, I know that.

Everytime I watch Macross 7, I listen to just the music... how it moves me and inspires. Hell I don't even hear Japaneese or English when I listen anymore, just the true meaning of the songs. The only odd part I found of it was them piloting the valkaries with guitars and what not... but hey... I try to take everything into it's own entity