Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Benders back baby!

[url]http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/674841[/url]

[quote]Futurama cast members ink new deal with Fox

LOS ANGELES–The Star has learned exclusively that the entire voice cast of Futurama has just signed a new contract with Fox after weeks of intense salary negotiations.

As late as last week, the network was threatening to replace the original voices of Matt Groening's cult-hit cartoon, to the point of actually announcing a casting call for voice actors to replace them.

The Futurama voice cast includes John DiMaggio, Maurice LaMarche, Billy West, Tress MacNeille and Katey Sagal.

The compromise agreement, with the studio paying more and the actors accepting less, comes after the announcement of a 26-episode pick-up here by Comedy Central. Futurama also airs internationally in syndication, has produced four bestselling straight-to-DVD movies (later cut into episodes) and an upcoming feature film.

"We are thrilled to have our incredible cast back. The call has already `gone out to the animators to put the mouths back on the characters," Futurama creators Groening and David X. Cohen said in a joint statement.[/quote]

And yes. New Thread. Since this would get lost in the last one. :D

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    First: I hate Fox network for their malicious, backstabbing practices.

Second: Yay :)
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Yay. Rejoicement.
  • Lord Refa is back too! Yay!
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    hooray for zoidberg!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I've still never really watched Futurama...
  • [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;183361]I've still never really watched Futurama...[/QUOTE]

[img]http://blogs.eurielec.etsit.upm.es/galdecoa/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/hypnotoad.gif[/img]

YOU WILL OBEY THE HYPNOTOAD
    YOU WILL WATCH FUTURAMA
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Oh common, you know it doesn't have any effect without [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=8AOfbnGkuGc#t=27]the sound![/url]
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;183361]I've still never really watched Futurama...[/QUOTE]

Neither have I. I didn't even know it was off the air. :D

Must be as cult a TV show as Dr. Who? :laugh:
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Hypno Toad rules!
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Awesome!
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Haha, someone made a ten minute video of that?
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Its actually on the DVD..
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    And it's 45 minutes long.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Everybody Loves Hypnotoad rocks. :D
  • hmm...I'll admit, I never did the extras on the DVDs, own all of them though. :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    You should watch Everybody Loves Hynotoad on the first movie DVD. And I mean actually watch, it's not just 25 minutes of the noise. :p
  • I see almost-subliminal messages. lol
  • Wahoo!