Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Google wave

Anyone on here on it? I am now, playing around with the settings, very cool.

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Nope, not yet. I am interested in giving it a try, but I'm a little sceptical about all Google's hype about it
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Nope, never even heard about it until now. Apparently the name Wave got its inspiration from the show [I][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Wave"]Firefly[/URL][/I]. :)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Did it? LOL

I put my name in for an invite, but none yet. I think it would make wedding planning a heck of a lot more easy!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE]The name was inspired by the Firefly television series[5] in which a Wave is an electronic communication (often consisting of a video call or video message).[5] During the developer preview, a number of references were made to the series such as Lars Rasmussen replying to a message with "shiny", a word commonly used in the series to mean cool or good, and the crash message of Wave being a popular quotation from the series: "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal![/QUOTE]

Haha thats brilliant! :D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [quote]The name was inspired by the Firefly television series[5] in which a Wave is an electronic communication (often consisting of a video call or video message).[5] During the developer preview, a number of references were made to the series such as Lars Rasmussen replying to a message with "shiny", a word commonly used in the series to mean cool or good, and the crash message of Wave being a popular quotation from the series: "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal![/quote]

Haha thats awesome! :D
    Was there something wrong with my quote Messiah? :p
    Its so boring to just qft. ;)

Also, I wanted to start a wave, noone continued though. *cries*
  • /me does a wave with Messiah
    thanks. :)
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    I got on from an invite but unfortunately don't have any invites to give out :(

It has a lot of potential to be very helpful with planning and communicating and stuff we'll see when I get more friends on!
  • GopherGopher Earthforce Officer
    Had a quick look at it. looks pretty good, but not sure how it would scale for project of more than say 20 people. Haven't had a chance to dive into the API's yet. No invites left unfortunately.