Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Want to be a scientist? Better get counseling!

BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
[url]http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/15/students-evacuated-school-chollas-view/[/url]

What a great way to trample on kids' imagination.

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Wait what? They suggest they get councelling for building a motion detector?
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    No, no, this only proves that if you are smart, keep it to yourself. Just blend in with the crowd. Nobody needs to see your skillz. :D
  • *sigh*

And people looked at me weird when I told them I was happy I was home schooled.
  • AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
    it seems likely that the counseling is for the shock that they experienced by the treatment they received. It did mention they were shaken.
  • But did the device work? It did cause motion, that's for sure.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Alaric;186331]it seems likely that the counseling is for the shock that they experienced by the treatment they received. It did mention they were shaken.[/QUOTE]

Probably. The topic is a joke. :) The problem is the way the kid's signs of wanting to know how things work and wanting to see if he can do things for himself are taken to be a bad thing. It's the next step on from making home chemistry sets effectively impossible to own.

[QUOTE=A2597;186328]*sigh*

And people looked at me weird when I told them I was happy I was home schooled.[/QUOTE]

Of course they do. I bet your parents never called the police and the FBI when you showed signs of wanting to learn for yourself. Think of what you missed out on!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE=A2597;186328]*sigh*

And people looked at me weird when I told them I was happy I was home schooled.[/QUOTE]

There are times like these where I'm completely willing to concede every single one of my arguments against it and say "Homeschooling *is* a good idea!"
  • I'm not going to say homeschooling is perfect, responsible parents are something of a prerequisite... And there are some good schools left out there. But given given responsible parents, hell yea. :D
  • [IMG]http://blog.getliberty.org/Uploads/Image/udelcitizenshipprogram(1).jpg[/IMG]