Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Moon

Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
Saw it today.. and it's awesome. So beautifull and sad movie.

Loved it.

I thought the effects and design was pretty good as well.. And Gerty was nice.

Dont wanna get too much into detail, other than say to go see it. :)

There was even a scene that almost made me teary eyed.

Comments

• Finally had a chance to see it on Blu-Ray this weekend.

I really enjoyed it. The kind of sci-fi movie I want to write some day.

I really loved the music as well. Too bad it's only available as an Import in the US currently.
  • Solaris (remake) composer = Cliff Martinez

Clint Mansell however has composed music for such movies as Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain and The Wrestler. [url]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0543739/[/url]
  • Oops...I stand corrected. Got my names confused. Thanks!
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Moonrelated:
    [url]http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/space/os-no-moon-for-nasa-20100126,0,266846,print.story[/url]

Hope it is not true...
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Yeah I watched Moon for the first time a few weeks ago and was blown away by it! Not giving away any plot spoilers, but when the main 'twist' is appears, but before it is revealed exactly what it is, I didnt know what to think was going on!

Okay, maybe easier with spoiler tags: [sp]when his new clone first turns up, but before its revealed they are all clones and he thinks its all in his head[/sp]

Either way, while it wasnt a ground braking plot in terms of concept, the execution of it was masterful! :)

Mundane: well that would suck if it turns out to be true. I guess we can only hope that the days of nationalist space programmes will be soon replaced with private enterprise
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I thought it was really good, but unlike SD, I had a bead on the plot from quite early on. I like movies where you get small hints all the time, so it was good.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Well I had suspicions, but I like it when they're given the run around first ;)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Loved it. I only saw it a few weeks ago, but I thoroughly enjoyed the execution of this plot. As with others, I had no trouble seeing through the plot and grasping what it was at an early point in the film, but none of that matters given how well it pulled it off. It's a perfect case for the strength of writing, the quality of direction, and the proper casting as mattering significantly more than the originality of the story itself.

I think it also helps some great deal that Sam Rockwell is one of Hollywood's greatest talents. He manages to consistently churn out amazing performances and believable characters.

[sp]In the case of the clone, it seemed fairly obvious given how GERTY was treating the newly awakened person. It all seemed to be fairly obvious, especially with the decay of the other character (even before the accident).

I'm also glad for the happy ending. While it seems trendy to have downer endings tied to more hard science fiction like this, it wouldn't have been anywhere near as satisfying if the efforts of our hero had been wasted.[/sp]

And the score...oh, that ghostly piano just sounds so wonderful. Clint Mansell is another great mind of the modern era.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yes! Mansell really is an awesome score setter.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [I]Moon[/I] is on my must-see list.
    I only bought the dvd version, but I'm wishing now I'd bought it on bluray as its one of those few films that I think bluray would really do justice to.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    The only real complaint I had about the film was budget-related. The dust patterns on the moon weren't realistic (Dust throw-back wasn't following a proper parabolic trajectory), but it's because they went out of their way to create a superbly realistic set of vehicles and objects using models it can be forgiven. Limitations of the medium and all that jazz.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Well, [I]Moon[/I] is indeed one amazing movie. Wow!

I wasn't quite as affected emotionally by the fate of the main character(s) even though there were some moments I could empathize with Sam. It all boils down to what you consider a human being to be. I think it's pretty clear at this point and where the line of bio-engineering needs to be drawn.

Gerty is obviously a patched version of Hal, the one from 2010, not 2001. :D

Awesome flick, I'm truly surprised that I missed this one last year. Thank you very much for mentioning it. This was time truly well spent. :)
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    dragging up an old thread. I finally got around to seeing this. I really enjoyed it. Very good movie, great acting on the part of Sam.