Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Jeff Conaway is Not Doing Well

Just came across this the other day. It seems Conaway (according to his girlfriend) is losing hope. I really enjoyed his character and style when he was on B5; it has been disappointing to see his decline over the past decade.

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/01/25/2010-01-25_grease_star_jeff_conaway_wants_to_die_at_home_planning_a_viking_funeral_says_gir.html[/url]

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    Sad to hear he's not doing so well :(
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Sad indeed. I can only wish him well.

I don't understand this though:

[QUOTE]Two years ago, Conaway credited Scientology with helping him kick drugs and said it was Travolta who brought him to the controversial religion.[/QUOTE]

Why?
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Can only wish him well.

And yea, he was also one of my favourites on B5. I saw some documentary few years back dealing with his addiction to hard drugs etc.. I guess scientology didnt cure it all after all. Tho, during the time of the documentation he was born again christian.
    As Michael Jackson is proof of, you can't even always trust doctors, but this is way, way out there...
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Hmm, sad to hear..
  • Is it me or is there allot of problems with actors that were in B5.
    Not sure about other shows, but I'd say that's just part of life. People get sick, some recover, some die. Not much we can do about that.

I haven't kept track of them all, but so far we've lost Zathras, Dr. Franklin and his father (GROPOS), G'Kar.

And time goes on...
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Not particularly so. Any show with a reasonably large and diverse cast will likely run into issues. Jeff Conway came into the show with problems.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Wow, I met Jeff and the other cast members at the cocktail party thrown for them by Sierra at the VorCon in Pamona. This last decade has taken it's toll on him for sure.

:(
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    What was he like back then, Jack?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I hope he's able to recover. He's a highly talented actor.