Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Impending server move

I haven't mentioned much of this to most people, so this may come as a surprise. FirstOnes.com is planning to move to a new host in the very near future. Due to tight time constraints, the exact timeframe isn't particularly clear, but things will rapidly move forward in the next few days and with some luck, the site will have fully transferred over without so much as anyone noticing.

Stemming from this move, we have a new opportunity to make some significant improvements. The FirstOnes.com staff will be evaluating the existing site structure and may use this as an opportunity to make some much-needed changes to internal organization. Many currently operating applications may be updated to the latest code base, folders and directories may be re-sorted, and access privileges restructured.

No doubt due to this combination of a single large move and numerous small tweaks, there will be hick-ups. If any oddities are observed after this switch has occurred, don't hesitate to send an email alert to [email]Sanfam@FirstOnes.com[/email] describing the issue. I'll check into them as soon as I am able.

Attention Mod Managers: Please contact me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about access to your materials. Due to general inconsistency with storing access credentials over the past ten-ish years, we may need to reset user/password structures.

A closing note: The site has run fairly smoothly this past two years, but things are still far from free to operate. Every cent taken in goes straight back to improvements in the site's structure and ensures we've got the cash to keep going. We currently welcome any donations toward this effort. Any interested parties are welcome to send whatever they deem appropriate to [URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ZSYC5KMP8SWQG"]donate@firstones.com[/URL] via Paypal (or simply click the button below). Any support is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening, and with any luck the move will go almost unnoticed!

Comments

• SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Where are we going to?>
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    At this point in time, Dreamhost. We have technically been using the account as a data mirror for some time, but it seems to have been of a sufficient enough quality to use for full-service.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    i use dreamhost for the aqm forums, ive been quite happy with them for the last 3 years.
  • With any luck we will still be here when they do a B5 reboot or maybe just a V2 for special effects.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    We have always been here... :vorlon:
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    And we'll be here until they turn out the lights....and then possibly a little longer :)
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    It will end in fire!
  • Still a very aptly named site... :D