Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

2010 World Cup Thread

Mexico vs. South Africa starts in a few minutes...

BOO YEA! Let the games begin!

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Four weeks of football goodness. :D
  • Obligatory picture:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PfVPA.jpg[/IMG]
    Thanks man, that just made my day!! :D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Classic. :D

Also, I always call it American Rugby, makes more sense.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I should have known I couldn't escape it even in here
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Why would you want to escape it?

This is honestly the ONE sporting event I follow.I don't watch American football (Erm...handegg), don't watch golf. Don't watch hockey, don't watch baseball...

But World Cup, I'll watch this! :D
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Superb photo :D

Yup looking forward to a few weeks of footie. Watching the cheating French play Uruguay. Hope they lose.
  • The faith we mexicans have in our team is resumed in a saying we have:

We played better than ever, we lost same as ever.
    ("jugamos como nunca, perdimos como siempre")

At least we tied South Africa, but for a moment I thought we would lose.

I hope Uruguay does us a favor and at least ties with France, otherwise Mexico going to the next round would be harder.
    74 minutes in they are doing fine.
    Go Uruguay! :)

P.S. I love the football vs. handegg picture.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    I thought I could almost hear the NO MAMES CABRON from across the globe when South Africa scored.
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    I thought I could almost hear the buzzing of vuvuzelas at the same time... :P
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    We're showing all the games on the new TV's at the Cafe, Had a nice big crowd yesterday for USA/England.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Ok, I'm not bothered in the slightest by football, but that yesterday was just embarrassing! I only saw it because I was at a flat party and the guys wanted to watch it, but I wouldnt want to be our goalie right now
    Isn't that called a [I]fumble[/I] in Handegg? :D

That goalie should not have applied that sun screen with his gloves still on IMHO.
    Spain thoroughly disappointed today, I thought the French and the Italian teams were minimalist in their approach to World Cup football, but the Spaniards took the crown today and showed the world how to excel in mediocrity against the Swiss.

And to top it off, the South-African keeper earned himself a red card for fouling an opposing player right in front of his "cage." His action resulted in him being expelled and handing a penalty kick to the Uruguayan team which they converted into a 2:0 score. The final nail in the RSA team coffin was the third goal 30 seconds before the end.

Quite a day, some lows followed by a definite high. Some excitement at last. :)
  • We also shouted "NO MAMES CABRÓN" today, but for the opposite reason. :)

México has a shot at the fourth game, but winning over Uruguay is the only way to clinch it. After winning over France it looks possible.
    France maybe wasn't at the top of their game but still, great that México won (first time ever winning against them in a World Cup).

:)
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    WTF was with that yellow card for getting hit in the face with the ball?!

Gah.
    You'd think the Germans would know better than to underestimate the Serbs. Well, that'll teach them. ;)
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    man, USA was ROBBED by that call..we had a valid 3rd goal, that was a bad call, and robbed the USA of a win.
    No other way to describe England's performance but pitiful! Even tho I'm not really a football fan outside of the WC, that was just embarrassing!
    Where have all the great teams gone? The fans that travelled to Southafrica should be asking for their money back.
    Indeed, my mate and I were saying something similar last night. It seems like all the 'big' teams have left their mojo at home
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/m9rLj.gif[/IMG]

Made me laugh :)
  • Then you might laugh at this too, which I didn't:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B2LPxggvqY[/url]
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I didn't either.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Oh, come on. The sound of a vuvuzela being hit by an arrow must have made you laugh.
    Someone sure went through a lot of trouble for making that clip. :D

Either way, the Vuvuzelas can't be blamed for the overall poor performances of some of the major European teams.
    Haha yeah that made me laugh :)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    One of the Sins of a Solar Empire developers came up with a solution.

[URL="http://kotaku.com/5567961/sins-of-a-solar-empire-studio-produces-free-vuvuzela+buster"]Link[/URL]
    Pretty epic result for NZ against Italy! Against the world champions no less!