Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Syfy Greenlights Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
Syfy Greenlights Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome
Source: Syfy
October 22, 2010

Syfy has given the greenlight to "Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome" from Executive Producer David Eick, it was announced today by Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of Original Programming, Syfy and Co-Head of Content for Universal Cable Productions. Universal Cable Productions will produce the 2-hour pilot with Syfy utilizing cutting edge CGI and virtual technology.

"Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome" takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, a sentient robotic race, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a brash rookie viper pilot enters the fray. Ensign William Adama, barely in his 20's and a recent Academy graduate, finds himself assigned to the newest battlestar in the Colonial fleet, the Galactica. The talented but hot-headed risk-taker soon finds himself leading a dangerous top secret mission that, if successful, will turn the tide of the decade long war in favor of the desperate fleet.

Read more: Syfy Greenlights Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - ComingSoon.net [url]http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=71043#ixzz13BpMJcLS[/url]

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    From the sounds of that, I'm cautiously optimistic that it might not suck. It would be nice to have some more BSG epic space battles tho! :)
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Mmm space battles,
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [B][I]Epic[/I][/B] space battles! ;)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Epic like [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UN5Rvi2tD8"]this[/URL]?

I like the idea of this show, I just wish they would rebuild the sets instead of using photos. And I can see this being an expensive show to make if it's going to focus on the war, so how long will it last?

Worf
    That was pretty epic, but there's always room for improvement ;)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The money grab continues!
    You can't seriously be telling me Biggles that you aren't even slightly pleased at the thought of even one or two more epic space battles!
    I'd love to see more space battles. I'd also love to see them in something original.
    There is nothing Original anymore.
    Felicia Day tweeted this manuscript rejection notice that dates back to the 1920s.

[URL="http://www.neatorama.com/2010/10/22/manuscript-rejection-notice-from-1920s-era-movie-studio/"]Link[/URL]
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE=Biggles;190264]I'd love to see more space battles. I'd also love to see them in something original.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, but if their past practices say anything to us, anything original gets cancelled at the drop of a hat. No matter how highly it's rated on the network. *cough*Farscape*cough*

And honestly after that sham of an ending for the TV series, and the craptastic tv-movies, I'm not even going to bother with this.
    I wish they had picked up Virtuality.
    And not cancelled Defying Gravity.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I'm seriously looking forward to this one! Unlike Caprica, they've already got perfect casting for the lead, and Razor set up some interesting story concepts that can be expanded upon. Also, older centurions!

Also, agreed on those last two notes. Bah. I'm still waiting for the Defying Gravity bible to come out.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    More BSG is always good. More space battles would be nice too. However what worries me is that the cgi will be average... ever since they took it in house the quality dropped. And since Caprica, it hasn't improved I feel. I guess they can always prove me wrong so lets see how nice and shiny a fresh out of the shipyards Galactica looks :).
    Indeed, it'll be strange to see a pristine Galactica :)
    Unfortunately, the lack of CGI with Zoic/Atmosphere's quality will become apparent with the CG sets and extended environments. A shame, really.
    It already stands out when they use CG sets in Caprica, so I'm expecting the same with this.
  • Agreed, I miss Zoic:(

Cheapskates, just give the CG the budget it deserves and let the pros handle it!
    Bonus fact: I didn't even realize many of the galactica sets of the Zoic era were digitally extended until I saw the "making of" featurettes. They were that good.
    Same. I didn't know the hangar had a greenscreen across it. I mean, I realised they didn't build a full length battlestar deck but I assumed it went back further than it did with a matt painting across the "end" for shots that needed it.

Worf
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Plus, Zoic tended to throw in easter eggs. Like Serenity being seen flying by, in the BSG mini-series pilot.
    Since we're on a BSG Kick, did anyone see Katiee Sackoff on CSI this week? in the episiode titled "Fracking"

The Ep was about Hydraulic Fracture Mining (aka Fracking) but i thought it oddly approprrate that Starbuck was in the episode, and they made mention of Frak being a Sci-Fi Curse word... Made me smile.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Thats cool, which CSI was it?

Its is impressive what Zoic did for the hangar deck alright. But it would have been even more impressive if it had been a full length, to scale, hangar :D
    CSI CSI, none of this CSI Miami, CSI Ny, CSI Kabul crap....
    CSI ISS. The list of subjects would be very short.
    Who threw someone out of an airlock this week?
    Sorry, I didnt think anyone would mind if I threw RC out of the airlock!
    I've actually just started re-watching BSG for the first time since the seires ended, Now that i know the secrets it's interesting to re-watch.
    I'm going to rewatch it when Caprica finishes.