Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Upcomming Games for 2011

croxiscroxis I am the walrus
Every year there is a giant forum post for the games planned to be released this year. I am not sure if this is THE thread, but here we go!
[URL="http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25298704-Upcoming-Games-for-2011-PC-and-Multi-Platform"]
LINK![/URL]

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    That does look like the list.

Seems to be a few interesting games coming out soon, although I notice both Dragonage 2 and Mass Effect 3 are missing.

Worf
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Wow, look at all those games I don't have time to play. :(
  • On my short list so far:
    Homefront
    Dead Space 2
    Duke Nukem Forever (!)
    Portal 2
    Max Payne 3 (I'm iffy about the 'new' direction; we'll see)
    MechWarrior (if it really belongs on the 2011 list?)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Oh gods. See Biggles response.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Dragon Age 2 is there on the list Worf
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Magicka is missing, although it's already been released. :p

The list is nice, but I already know most of the games I will be buying.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Out of everything, Portal 2, Duke Nukem Forever, and Mechwarrior are my top three expected games for the new year. Living Legends is one hell of a game, so a new official MechWarrior franchise entry has a lot to live up to.
    So many games to play...

Cities in Motion
    Dungeons
    The Sims Medieval
    Elder Scrolls V
    Bounty Arms
    Snapshot
    Seasons After Fall
    Cobalt
    Microsoft Flight (maybe)
    Crysis 2
    Dragon Age II
    Beyond Good and Evil II (Is this really due in 2011? It hasn't even been properly announced yet.)
    Portal 2
    Alice II
    Trine 2
    Kings and Castles
    MechWarrior

Now let's see how many I actually have time to play.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Portal 2 and SW:The Old Republic are the only two that i'll be playing.

I simply don thave the time or the energy that i used to to devote to most games. I've gotten so turned off by the gaming industry and the crap they've been putting out, that i've lost interest.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'm also far more selective about what I play these days. The only games on that list I plan on getting will be SW: The Old Republic, Duke Nukem Forever, Crysis 2, Mass Effect 3, and possibly MS Flight and Dragon Age 2 (if I ever get around to playing the first!)
    For me, I will definitely be playing Dragon Age 2, The Old Republic, Mass Effect 3 and Portal 2.

I notice that all but one of those games are from Bioware. There are a few others that I'm keeping my eye on but I'll wait to see closer to release.

Worf
  • I thought Half Life the final chapter was coming out this year or is portal 2 and Half life the same thing now? Mechwarrior will re quire me to get my super advanced joystick control system found.
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;191462]I've gotten so turned off by the gaming industry and the crap they've been putting out, that i've lost interest.[/QUOTE]

Looking back at my own list, I think it's telling that half the games on it are considered "indie" titles.
  • In for Portal 2 and Mass Effect 3.

Everything else I'm playing by ear.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    MechWarrior would be definitely on top of my list if it's good game and not just mediocre run of the mill cashing attempt riding on old reputation.

Duke Nukem Forever could be also fun game, though there might be other contenders for position of that fun "over the top" action game not taking itself so seriously. (Bulletstorm)

Crysis 2 again is obvious game on the list. (no doubt John Carmack at id still knows his job but since FarCry Crytek kinda stole id's position in my eyes)

Don't really know does Max Payne 3 sound interesting at all with all the changes starting from developer. Let's hope it isn't plain cashing attempt like Soldier of Fortune: Payback/3. (after Raven Software's first two games)

[QUOTE=PSI-KILLER;191474]I thought Half Life the final chapter was coming out this year or is portal 2 and Half life the same thing now?[/QUOTE]Portal uses same Source engine but it's entirely different game.
    Valve isn't definitely keeping any hurry with their episodic releases... I guess they've again been reworking graphics engine. (like with Episode One after HL2)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Seriously. RAGE anyone?
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    No one knows when HL2 Ep3 is coming out - it's been missing about 2 years now, and no word from valve other than that they haven't forgotten about it. I suspect they either (a) ran into a technical issue that required engine changes or (b) decided to make it HL3 instead and a much larger story arc then just a single add-on episode.
    Episode 3 will be the last thing Valve release that's made with the source engine. The problem is, they keep coming up with other games they want to make with it, so Ep3 gets pushed back every time.

Once Episode 3 is out, they'll be will start on the third game with a new engine.

Worf
  • The whole point of the Source engine is modularity.

I'm sure at some point they'll call it 'Source 2' for marketing reasons, but I've seen absolutely no evidence everything needs to be thrown out and re-written from the ground up.
    Which is why you won't be seeing episode 3 any time soon.
  • well, at least i got a lot of vacation days left over from last year:

Cities in Motion
    Sword of the Stars II (if only to get my ass handed to me 20 times before i stop playing)
    Elder Scrolls V
    Diablo 3
    The Witcher 2
    Starport Gemini
    Avadon (finally a new one by Spiderwebsoftware.. last Avernum was fun but had a graphically painful interface)
    Torchlight 2
    Star Wars: The Old Republic (praying they will get the feeling right)
    Guild Wars 2
    Hunted: The Demon’s Forge
    Nuclear Dawn
    Homefront
    Firefall
    Planetside Next (basically a remake of the original judging by the images posted by SOE president Smedley)
    Warfare
    Ground Branch
    Bulletstorm
    Crysis 2
    Rage
    Dragon Age 2
    Duke Nukem Forever (well, if only for the title)
    Brink
    Deus Ex 3 (well.. we will see)
    Portal 2
    American McGee’s Alice II (if only this will be as good as the first one..)
    Dead Space 2
    Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
    Trine 2
    Dungeon Siege III
    Operation Flashpoint: Red River
    Batman: Arkham Asylum 2
    Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

seeing how i already fainted a few weeks ago when i totalled all my steam purchases.. *shudders*
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    My List:
    [B]Cities in Motion[/B]
    [B]Sword of the Stars II[/B] (maybe)
    [B]Dungeons[/B]
    [B]Stronghold 3[/B]
    [B]Starport Gemini[/B]
    [B]Minecraft[/B] (Already own and running a server :P)
    [B]Portal 2[/B]
    [B]Dust[/B]
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Cities in motion is now in open beta: [url]http://www.fileplanet.com/218504/download/Cities-in-Motion-Open-Beta-Client[/url]
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Duke and Mass Effect 3...problem is..I don't have a computer that can run any games atm (it is from 2004..)
    Solution: buy a new pc :p
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Looks much like new Mechwarrior won't be coming this year... in fact I can't find a single article confirming that it would still be in development instead of having been killed off.

Such shame if it got axed by lack of funding. Franchise would definitely deserve chance to show what it's capable with todays PCs...
    And could also fix some of the failures of MW4 like way too limited customizing... Sure there's some realism in having weapon bays/slots for different types of weapons but it gets plain ridiculous when hundred ton Dire Wolf/Daishi can take only one PPC while some puny fifty ton toy can take two.
    Also salvaging model seemed almost complely random because it didn't seem to make any difference if you destroyed legs of every single enemy in mission or just grinded whole mechs to atoms.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    The problem with the new Mechwarrior came down to rights associated with the franchise.
    I miss MW3.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [I]Don't cry for me Argenteeeeeeenuuuuuhhhhhh!!!![/I]

I enjoyed MW2 for what it tried to do, but I don't like to dwell on the past, it makes me feel old.

I'm keeping an I on [URL="http://www.hawkengame.com/blog/"]Hawken[/URL]... and I believe it's going to kick a$$!!! [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVa7B1bLv8I"]The trailer looks sweet too.[/URL] :)

Whether the FASA Battletech lore is attached to this or not, I don't really care anymore.