Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Official NASA image with a B5 twist.

Triple-FTriple-F Earthforce Officer
I stuck this up on jmsnews last night, then remembered that some folks on here probably don’t visit the site, so I’ve copied it over. It’s just a fun bit of minor trivia that I haven’t noticed anyone else mention.

-----------------------------------------

I’ve no intention of doing a major update to yon site I put together, but the other day I was looking over some of the stuff I didn’t include and found this.

It only took ten minutes to put together so slapped it onto the end of the miscellaneous art bit. (Partly because I remembered reading someone point at a NASA/JPL image of a nebula or some such and joking about how it looked like a shadow battle crab – though I can’t remember where I read it now).

Anyway, I haven’t seen any other site mention this minor bit of trivia but I thought it was kinda cool. ; )

[url]http://www.themadgoner.com/B5/B5Scrolls/B5Scrolls.htm#Screen3_05_15[/url]

Comments

• A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Buahaha, that is awesome.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Brilliant :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    That made me smile! :D
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    That's so cool.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Sweet! :)
  • Triple-FTriple-F Earthforce Officer
    As I mentioned on another forum, I had this vision of a college professor projecting the thing onto a huge screen during a lecture on planetary evolution and some student asking WTF is that!! :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    That would be awesome if that actually happened! :D
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    And then the professor dismisses it as a problem with the image. Not because they don't know what it is but to stop the Shadows knowing we know they exist before we're ready for them ;)
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    I'm waiting for some conspiracy nut to see this, and claim it as proof of a government conspiracy! :P
  • BoffBoff Trainee
    woah, haven't been to the site in years, (got nostalgic for i-war, then buda5 and then stumbled over here)

my username and password still works.

and that image.....just made my day
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    *psi cop* Nothing to see here. Move along. */psi cop*
    I know I said I wasn’t going to update date the thing anymore. But I found myself recovering from some minor knee surgery last week – and subsequently bored off my tits – so got hold of Ron and updated his interview . . . . . a bit. ; )

[url]http://www.themadgoner.com/B5/B5Scrolls/B5Scrolls.htm#Screen1_01_1[/url]

Anyway, just dropped this note on the off chance anyone would find it of interest.

BTW. The site the link points to is a bit slow right now – and I’ve tweaked things so the ‘flicker’ when changing screens shouldn’t be quite so jarring.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Really neat stuff. Thank you, again, for doing all of this.
    It was something to do. Bit like the whole site really.

That, and I couldn’t find who designed the Omega anywhere on the net so had to go ask the buggers. ; )
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Its great to see stuff like this still about! Great work :) Am loving the Drakh space station sketch. Would have been cool seeing that in Crusade.
    Final update on this thing. Stuck the “Stuff” section back in, most of the links etc. are probably very well known by everyone here, but I tried sticking a few of the lesser known ones in like Greg Aronowitz’s blog. Same things for the downloads – everyone on here will be well aware of them. Updated a couple of the ships screens like this thing.
    [url]http://www.themadgoner.com/B5/B5Scrolls/B5Scrolls.htm#Screen2_11_4[/url]

And that’s it. I’ve learned never to say never with this bloody thing, so lets just say that’s all I’ll be doing to it . . . . until the next time.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    So I take it "Final" has been redefined sometime recently. ;)
    Recently, no, it was refined quite some time ago. ; )

You know yourself, you get sick of the sight of something your working on, but then things crop up. The site could be expanded hugely, and into different areas, but the enthusiasm I once had for it has long since wandered off.