Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Terror attack in Norway..

MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
This is just heartwrenching and unspeakable: [url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2017709/MASSACRE-AT-KIDS-CAMP-More-30-dead-terrorist-opens-Norwegian-summer-camp-car-bomb-devastates-Oslo.html[/url]

Comments

• Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Terrible whats happened. Initially they was saying al-Qaeda but now its looking like domestic extremism. Shocking really.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    The 'people' who do these things don't deserve to be called human :mad:
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It's a little sad that everyone immediately jumps to Muslims as being the cause of any incident like this. Unfortunately, there are sociopaths capable of causing this sort of terrible incident in any society.

I'm glad they arrested him alive.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Apparently he might be a home grown far right nutter. 84 youths are reported dead on that island now. Terrible :(
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Biggles, The problem is, that Muslim extremists have created an environment where they ARE the first thought. It may be sad, bit it's their own doing (even though the extremists are a minority in the Muslim world)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I'm not sympathizing with wrongly-blamed extremists - they're still extremist nutters, after all. My complaint is that it hides other causes of such violence that our societies often don't want to admit to or deal with.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Oh I agree. Nutters are Nutters
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I still can't get my head around this horrific tragedy. I'm just shocked how a single person can do this. Why?
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    I find it hard to beleive he did this by himself.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Such a waste, such a waste.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=PSI-KILLER;193194]I find it hard to beleive he did this by himself.[/QUOTE]

It appears to be, he was spotted on both sites.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    I wish people wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the person responsible is insane whenever something like this happens. You don't have to be crazy to have an extreme ideology and a low internal resistance to killing.

Granted, some of these attackers are indeed insane to varying degrees, but if we automatically use that label for every one of these people, we probably won't even try to understand and learn from the incidents, which is in my opinion one of the most important things we can do to try to prevent them in the future.
    Some reports have been saying he'd planned this over a significant number of years, meaning he'd have been quite capable of doing both, sadly.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Pro-gun people are probably going to say that had there been someone carrying a concealed weapon, he or she could have reduced the casualty count significantly. I don't think you are allowed to carry a concealed weapon on yourself anywhere in Europe as a civilian, unlike other places in the world (i.e. like many states in the US do).

It's a controversial topic and I'm not sure either way. I still think, it's not the gun that kills, but the person that uses it. I like guns and rifles, but I don't think this is the root of the problem here. Norway has an long hunting tradition and guns in general are part of that tradition, so I doubt this tragedy is going to change that.
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Quite shocking attack. Myself I was in China on vacation when it happened, was a surprise to read about it online...