Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Google +

DaxDax Redshirt
LOVE Google +

I find it so much better than the Vegas light show Facebook has become.

It needs some work and I know that once they have a full release it'll come but they even have mobile apps in beta.

Anyone need an invite? I've got loads.

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I wouldn't mind one Dax :)

I'll admit to being intrigued by Google+. I am becoming increasingly irritated by Facebook, so seeing how El Goog have gone about it would be interesting
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I like Google+, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. The biggest problem they have is people using Facebook to keep in contact with people that don't make the switch.

It is their best attempt at social networking so far though.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I'm not a Facebook user, I checked it out but left unimpressed. I don't think I can trust Google+ more than Facebook. I could be wrong but I doubt it.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Facebook is like a visit from my mother -in-law, I have to go through with it, though it frustrates the hell out of me...
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I'm liking google+ too for the same reason I liked facebook over myspace (back in the day): It is streamlined and lacks clutter. Granted that will probably change over time as it did with Facebook. I do like the cleaner grouping interface with circles. It makes it much more easy to hide stuff from potential employers!
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    DM me your email if you'd like an invite :)
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Oddly enough, a search on G+ for "Dax" does not seem to pull you up.. go figure.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    You can find me through [email]enjoysrigormortis@gmail.com[/email] or even through my secret real name.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Lord Refa isn't your real name?
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    It's my true name, not my secret real name that the muggles use.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    I like the idea (WAY better than Buzz!), but I'm still keeping primarily to Twitter.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    oh noes! I wonder why you can't find me :P
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I wonders....
    Wink Wink... It helps if you do the search in Google + and not Face Book... ;)

j/k
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I was forced into Facebook, and I've regretted it ever since. Google+ is much more pleasant to use, but it still has many of the same problems as Facebook.
    I'm sorry...
    [QUOTE=Biggles;193305]I was forced into Facebook, and I've regretted it ever since. Google+ is much more pleasant to use, but it still has many of the same problems as Facebook.[/QUOTE]
    At least it isn't flooded with bullshit games... ;)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Yet
    [QUOTE=Vertigo1;193332]At least it isn't flooded with bullshit games... ;)[/QUOTE]

You mean like BigPoints BSG Online? :p
    And with the whole pseudonym thing going on, I don't foresee them having many users stick around. Especially when suspension kicks you out of ALL google services, not just Plus.
    I take the view that as long as you are identifiable by name to the provider ie El Goog, then what name you present to the world shouldnt matter too much. I already use my real name on Facebook, why should G+ be any different? On the other hand, being known as ShadowDancer is also kinda nice ;)
  • I'm liking Google+, but my only point of comparison is a long abandoned MySpace account. That experience didn't convince me that social networking was useful to me (not many of my friends nor family had accounts there also). I considered joining Facebook but reading way too many reports of privacy issues with it made me hesitate and to this day I haven't joined.
    I don't believe that Google will really not be evil about G+, but I give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

If any FirstOne wouldn't mind that I added them to my circles let me know, I'd be glad to be in your circles if you want me.

P.S. No offense if none wants to, after all I'm not the most active member of this board.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I just spam a lot of articles I find interesting from my google reader :P