Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Coyotes apparently like Quiznos!

Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
[url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17950832/ns/us_news-weird_news/t/coyote-shall-lie-down-sobes#.TlGm_KiwUsA[/url]

[quote]CHICAGO — For one day, at least, the roadrunner was safe. It seems the coyote was hankering for another kind of fast food. Employees and customers at a downtown Chicago Quizno's sandwich shop were stunned to see a coyote walk through the propped-open front door Tuesday afternoon and lie down in a cooler stocked with fruit juice and soda.

"It wasn't aggressive at all," restaurant manager Bina Patel told the Chicago Tribune. "It was just looking around."

Employees and customers calmly cleared out of the restaurant, though some took the time to finish their sandwiches and snap some cell-phone photos, the Chicago Sun-Times reported. Animal control officers took the passive coyote away after about 40 minutes, after a curious crowd had gathered outside.

"This one definitely I will definitely remember forever. A coyote in downtown Chicago," Quizno's employee Rick Torres told WLS-TV.

The city captures 10 to 15 coyotes every year, especially in the spring when they are most active, said Anne Kent, director of Chicago Animal Care and Control. Veterinarians will examine the coyote and, if he is not injured, release him into the wild.

© 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.[/quote]

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Coyotes are actually very common in urban ecosystems. A lot of people are very surprised to find out how many there are.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I"m not suprised, as I often hear a pack of them yowling around my house, they are vermin who carry disease, most are infected with Mange and should be shot on sight. the others like to roam around eating people's cats and dogs, they should be shot on sight too.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Coyote's have just as much right to live here as we do...

I think angry selfish people should be shot on sight...
    Let me eat your cat first, then you can shoot me.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Cats are actually a very invasive species to north american. They have caused significant damage to native species, especially the lynx population which have been obliterated in some locations due to pet cats.
    My cat Frisky died a few years ago due to a hateful person... so no, you can't eat my cat before I shoot you on sight.

(BTW, I have a family of Coyotes who live about a half mile down the creak from us, they leave the dogs alone, and feed on white tail deer and cotton tail rabbits.) :p
    Ours here have gotten very agressive over the past few years, They'd never been a real problem before, but once you see one walking down the road with an orange tabby in its mouth... Definately time to re-evaluate them. I have no problem with a healthy coyote population, but ours here is an overpopulation of mangy disease ridden animals that really need to be culled. The problem stems from an overpopulation of white-tails, as hunting is not allowed and we have a mostly closed ecosystem (being on an Island) with no real large predators other than the Coyotes & a few Black Bear.
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;193462]here is an overpopulation of mangy disease ridden animals that really need to be culled.[/QUOTE]

I imagine that Aliens might see us the same way... :p
    I imagine that the aliens might actually be correct...

Also, just to clarify, If i was forced to chose between Quiznos and the orange tabby, i'd prolly eat the cat too...
    heh
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    my first thought after reading the title was, well I guess someone has to.
    Well, I think the Coyote was looking for some heat relief in the form of AC, not actually there to eat...
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE=JackN;193458]Coyote's have just as much right to live here as we do...

I think angry selfish people should be shot on sight...[/QUOTE]
    Or how about the assholes that let their pets run amok get culled? Just a thought...
    Hmm, I don't know that i'd call letting your kitty out at night "Running Amok"
    [QUOTE=Vertigo1;193468]Or how about the assholes that let their pets run amok get culled? Just a thought...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Entil'Zha;193477]Hmm, I don't know that i'd call letting your kitty out at night "Running Amok"[/QUOTE]

I think it's more of the uncontrolled Dog, snake, etc that he means... Since the owners can't be responsible enough to keep them from running amok, they themselves are considered to be running amok, so they should be controlled.... :p
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;193477]Hmm, I don't know that i'd call letting your kitty out at night "Running Amok"[/QUOTE]
    I'm talking about these idiots that think that their pets are "free spirits", and that leash laws don't apply to them. I can't tell you how many times I've had to touch up scratches in my paint job, because the bitch across the street lets her cats run around un-controlled. I'm also tired of finding cat shit in my yard, and her damn cats digging up the flower beds. This is even *after* I've trapped her cats in the past, and had animal control come get them. It's $30 a pop for her to get them back, to boot! (and if they don't get claimed, they go out for adoption)

For the record, I don't hate cats, nor advocate mis-treating them in any way.
    [url]http://youtu.be/sP4NMoJcFd4[/url]
    [URL="http://youtu.be/sP4NMoJcFd4"]http://youtu.be/sP4NMoJcFd4[/URL]
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;193507][url]http://youtu.be/sP4NMoJcFd4[/url][/QUOTE]
    LOL!

This woman is even worse than her! XD
    Hahaha, Well since the cat lady in the video was fake (she's an actress) i'm sure yours really is worse. but i couldnt help posting it, cause it makes me laugh.