Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Darth' Vader's new Nooooooooooo

Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
So what do you all think of the 'New' Changes that Mr Lucas is foisting upon us...

[url]http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/Bluray_Some_More_Tinkering_With_The_Saga_140346.asp[/url]

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Not impressed for the most part, altho the "NOOOO" isn't quite as bad as I was expecting.

On the other hand, the cgi Yoda is much better than the puppet, which was pretty bad to begin with!

I'm not sure if I'll be buying it or not. If I do it certainly wont be straight away
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I was going to buy it, but the "Nooooo" ruins the scene for me, the other stuff I really don't give a shit about (other than the fact that Lucas can't stop toying with it)

I was really just getting it for the new 6.1 track anyway (wish they had gone 7.1 or 8.1)
    I was going to buy it, but the "Nooooo" ruins the scene for me, the other stuff I really don't give a shit about (other than the fact that Lucas can't stop toying with it)

I was really just getting it for the new 6.1 track anyway (wish they had gone 7.1 or 8.1)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Was there some reason you had to say that twice?
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Nooooooooo. So, any chance he will released the unedited theatrical version? NOOOOOO!

Silly Lucas, always pissing off your fans :)
    [QUOTE=JackN;193579]Was there some reason you had to say that twice?[/QUOTE]
    Noooooooooooo
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Apparently, every time Lucas watches the movies, theres something he wants to change. At least he had people to rein him in during the original three.

George Lucas should have died in the 80s..
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Vader's "Noooooo" was pretty much the fan reaction.

I am very tempted to take the sound of that scene from the DVDs and edit it over the video from the bluray.

And they still didn't put Mara Jade in Jabba's Palace, something I'd like to see and would be a fitting nod to the book that revived Star Wars 20 years ago.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Someone needs to stop the gadget industry from releasing new distribution formats, so Lucas can focus on making new movies instead of modifying old ones.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    You assume Lucas making new movies would be a good thing....look how the last lot turned out :rolleyes:
    [QUOTE=WORF;193583]Vader's "Noooooo" was pretty much the fan reaction.

I am very tempted to take the sound of that scene from the DVDs and edit it over the video from the bluray.

And they still didn't put Mara Jade in Jabba's Palace, something I'd like to see and would be a fitting nod to the book that revived Star Wars 20 years ago.[/QUOTE]

I was going to attempt to add to the scene, since Vader has the Noooo i was going to ad GLadOS's Nononononono to the emperor going down the tube, but i'm too busy/lazy.

I'd love to see Mara Jade there...
    I'd love to see Lucas frozen in carbonite there too!
  • Next from Lucas: "You know, I was never happy with how the light saber blades turned out either. I always thought that they should look like giant penises made of light, like in those old hentai."
    I wouldnt put it past him. And surrounded with yesmen, he would get it done as well..
  • [URL="http://youtu.be/A_2GHlCUmCk"]Adolf[/URL] didn't like the changes either...

I'm glad I bought the DVDs that included the original versions, of the original trilogy along with the special editions. That's all the Star Wars videos I need. Seeing new effects was OK in some scenes, but seeing the pointless changes Lucas had to add too has convinced me to stop buying any new version (and to me the prequels are not worth buying).
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I wonder if this is a marketing trick? You know, Lucas trying to capture the "got to have every different variation of Star Wars!" people. All 3 of them.
    I think he's run out of ideas for new projects, so he just keeps going back and tinkering with the old ones because he really has no other creative outlet.

Which is unfortunate for us because it means the movies we love are being ruined :(
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    What about [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Tails]Red Tails?[/url]
    If its any good, it will probably also be ruined in another 30 years..
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Loves having DVD rips of the Old Laser Disc versions of the originals.
  • I watched the laser discs in my film class in high school.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=David of Mac;193625]What about [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Tails]Red Tails?[/url][/QUOTE]

Executive producing isn't quite the same thing as actually writing or making the movie himself. (Actually, I wonder what the directors of the second and third Star Wars movies think of his changes.)
    The director of the Empire Strikes Back died last year, so proably not much. I don't think I remember him commenting on the previous changes but I may have missed it.

Thankfully, that movie seems to have survived the transition to bluray without any further "improvements".