Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

New Bruce Boxleitner movie

1235»

Comments

• Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    The ending part of it is. Where Brucie is talking with the other guy. That'd be sometime after the movie.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Yeah from everything i read, the events took place between the two movies, with a few brief bits that possibly take place after the events of Legacy. Lemmie see if I can find the source on that..

(time passes)

[url]http://www.totalfilm.com/news/tron-and-tron-legacy-bridging-short-film-online[/url]
    "A 10 minute short entitled Tron: The Next Day, the bite-sized film bridges the gap between Tron and Tron: Legacy, containing footage shot for the latter that never made the cut."

[url]http://perezhilton.com/2011-03-14-tron-the-next-day-clip[/url]

"So, Tron: The Next Day appears to actually be a prequel, one that bridges the gap between 1 & 2. Still very cool to watch, but be warned that there might be a few spoilers if you haven't seen Legacy!"

[url]http://io9.com/#!5781451/watch-tron-the-next-day-a-short-film-about-what-happened-between-tron-and-tron-legacy[/url]

"Tron: The Next Day (Flynn Lives Revealed) is a 10-minute short that fills in the backstory between the first and second films. "
  • I'd say most of it is 'prequal' stuff but the framing story is the 'next day'. I saw it, not read a review of it ;)
    I saw it as well, and still didn't see it as proof of Tron 3. Especially since it's all footage that was cut from the film, I Think it's more likely that it gets added back in as a "directors cut". While I loved the movie, and would sure go see a 3rd one, it didn't perform very well, and unless DVD sales are incredible, i think the odds are not great of a 3rd movie.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Wikipedia says there will be a third one :P
    Wikipedia also at one point said "Justin Beiber is G-D" so.... :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [Citation needed]
    Nicely played.
    [I]Tron: legacy[/I]. (2011, March 22). Retrieved from [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_legacy[/url]
    Looks like the first stages of a sequel is a go: [url]http://larryfire.wordpress.com/2011/06/08/disney-prepping-a-tron-legacy-sequel/[/url]
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Finally got around to watching Tron Legacy. Not sure if I want to read the whole thread about it, but I thought it was alright. I'll file it under the "300" type of film. Tron Legacy is visually stunning, but the plot does not break out of the original's story. The female characters look pretty and that's basically all they do. The plot can be summarized in one sentence: Billionaire son goes on quest to find his missing father inside a computer and returns with a digital girl. :D

It was nice to see Bruce again.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I also just got around to watching it. Really enjoyed it, despite most of the points mentioned previously. However, it was also much better than I was anticipating.

I think the thing I liked most, aside from the visuals (which were fraking awesome!) about it was the pacing: it was quite relaxed, which makes a nice change from the usual "adrenaline pumping action" that we usually get force fed.

And Quorra was HOT! Gem too! ;)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Had to rewatch it again tonight :)

On balance, the only thing I dont like in the movie is probably Martin Sheen. I find him very hit or miss in his performances, and I have to say I find his character rather annoying and out of place here. Still, the character plays his role I suppose
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I found his character rather amusing actually.
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I think you mean Michael Sheen, not Martin Sheen. I was wondering what the hell you were talking about for a while, but then I just looked on IMDB.
    Well it begins with 'M' and ends in 'Sheen' :p
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    The style of the movie reminds me so much of Mass Effect, it's not difficult to imagine the Illusive Man lurking somewhere.
    Even the music tracks pretty well with Mass Effect. Apparently the Mass Effect movie is due out next year some time
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    The bar scene reminded me of Farscape myself. :P
    It was quite understated too. The exposition was rammed down our throats with a battering ram, which made a nice change
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I still haven't figured out what part of a computer system the bar is supposed to represent. :D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Its a virus or dust in the computer fan I guess? :p
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    IRC? :p
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Clearly, the bar represents 4chan.
  • it was the menu... bar

[QUOTE=Stingray;193395]I still haven't figured out what part of a computer system the bar is supposed to represent. :D[/QUOTE]
    I guess you guys didn't notice the menus...
    :P