Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

new toy

Lets all be honest, we are all predominately geeks. That's ok, but sometimes I embrace that "[I]other[/I]" part of me as well. That primal need to do something manly. Its why I have such a love for guns and shooting, as well as getting dirty and riding atvs. I used to ride motorcycles when I was younger, the wife was totally against it. Well, she left, so she can fuck off.

My 2007 Harley Davidson NightRod Special
[IMG]http://www.aqmilitis.com/uploads/1000x750.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.aqmilitis.com/uploads/sideview.jpg[/IMG]

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=SpiritOne;194113]I used to ride motorcycles when I was younger, the wife was totally against it. Well, she left, so she can fuck off.[/QUOTE]

Hear hear!

You should bring it to Japan one day. There are many beautiful mountain roads suitable for bikes here.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Like. Like a lot!
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Remember to ride circles around the station, and don't forget to pass through the Zocalo!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Niiice :D

I want one!
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Sweet!
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Niiice! I've only got another month or two of riding weather, I'll keep riding right up until the first snow, well the first REAL snow, since it snowed yesterday.

How big's the engine in that thing? I love my new 1300. If you ever make it to Maine in the summer, bring that puppy with you and we'll go riding!
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    This is a 1130cc, it puts out about 120HP. The engine is described as being "breathed on" by the engineers at Porche for this bike.

Im going to take it slow, I havent ridden in a while, but if this thing is half as fun to ride as it is to look at, Im going to be ok.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=SpiritOne;194113]I used to ride motorcycles when I was younger, the wife was totally against it. Well, she left, so she can fuck off.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear that about your wife. :( Riding motorcycles is a risky activity, but so is stepping outside the front door. There are many things on my bucket list, even though I plan to live forever, which I want to do before I die, and riding a motorcycle must be on every man's long list. :D

Nice bike though. :) I haven't seen a Harley I didn't like yet. :)
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    So is that a V-Rod based bike? Definitely one of the slickest looking Harleys I've seen. Love the integration of the fuel tank with the frame.

Jake
    Yes, its part of the Vrod lineup.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I've got a new toy too.. It's made of plastic, and I call her Daisy.

Not sending any pics tho...
    got a good first little ride in today. Its just amazing. Its a very smooth bike.
    SpiritOne, You have a motorcycle license right? (lots of people ride without one) If not, i'd reccomend taking an MSF Motorcycle course, its a 2 day course, after day 2 you have your license, it brushes up your skills AND you get a big insurance discount for having taken it! I've been riding for 20+ years, but up until last year never got my license, that 2 day course was a hell of a lot of fun, and the instructor pointed out a lot of bad habits i'd gotten into over the years.

Even if you do have your license already, Look for an MSF Advanced Riders Course, It's fun to take, and you'll get the insurance discount for having taken the MSF training.

[url]http://online2.msf-usa.org/msf/Default.aspx[/url]
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I think that's probably best Refa! ;)

I was going to get a bike a few years ago, but owing to a series of unfortunate incidents with a fuckwit of a flatmate that ended up costing me £600, that got out on hold. Sadly my finances have yet to recover to a sufficient level to afford the cost of learning to ride, sitting the test and buying the sort of bike I'd like ie one like yours SpiritOne. I'll just have to keep buying lottery tickets heh!
    You don't have to spend a fortune on a Bike, My Goldwing only cost me $1500, The VTX-1300 i bought this year was about $5400, and the Course here was $300

I usually don't like harleys, But i do like yours!
    Your definition of a fortune is obviously very different to mine! When I last looked a couple of years ago, it would have set me back about £600 for a week's course and the test for an unrestricted bike license, and then whatever sort of bike I'd go for would probably be another £1500+

My current savings: £17.39....so yeah...not happening soon :(
    Well, If i had known how bad a season it was going to be, I wouldn't have bought the new one this year.
    Ive put 18 total miles on it. And had 1 guy walk right up to it while I was fueling up and 2 others roll their car windows down at a red light to ask me what kind of bike it was :)
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Now thats retail therapy :) Nice bike!