Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

New Who (spoilers)

2»

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    Well, that was certainly an interesting end to the episode...
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    If you're referring to part two, of the three parter, please use the spoiler tag for any further discussion of that episode. That won't air until next Saturday, on BBC America.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    So, just watched the mid-season finale...damn that was good!

[sp]And now we know River is Amy's daughter! Nice reveal there at the end, which was well done I thought. And Worf called it too, nice one![/sp]
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Yep, the loop is closed....but now we've got to wait until September.

Jake
    BTW, the best line from that episode:

"I can produce magnificent quantities of lactic fluid!"

Jake
    Doctor Who returns tomorrow (saturday) and while I've been avoiding all trailers and spoilers, I can't wait! :D
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Well, this was a rather cruel episode.

But I'm kind of liking the new sides of Doctor they are showing. He's a bit of a bastard isnt he?

I guess it helps that I didnt grow up with him. So I dont have much preconceptions.

The next episode looks quite fun.
    His actions in that episode make perfect sense, as harsh as they can be.
    [QUOTE=Lord Refa;193637]Well, this was a rather cruel episode.

But I'm kind of liking the new sides of Doctor they are showing. He's a bit of a bastard isnt he?

I guess it helps that I didnt grow up with him. So I dont have much preconceptions.

The next episode looks quite fun.[/QUOTE]
    In this case, he really had to be a bastard. There was no way that they could take BOTH of them, so a choice absolutely had to be made. Otherwise it would be a repeat of the first season's episode, where Rose tried to save her father.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Rule number 1: the Doctor lies
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I liked this episode.

The minotaur was neat and kinda sad. And there was other nice stuff. Some of the visiting cast was kinda meh, but over all a nice episode.
  • So now the whole show is about Moffat's arc. Brilliant!
    So, now we know the question! That was a rather epic conclusion to the season too. :)
    I liked that [sp]Churchill was Ceaser[/sp]
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    So... Spoiler: when the Doctor was shot by River Song, and they burned his body- did the Doctor get out via the tardis? did he save any of the crew?
    I got the impression [sp]that the body was fine and 'disappeared' when the boat sank[/sp]
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Or Spoiler: the crew had already abandoned the Tesselectra and the Doctor was piloting it by himself.
    One thing I did like about [sp]the use of the Tesselectra to escape his death was that it wasn't the replica-goo-stuff from earlier on in the season. I saw that and immediately thought that would be the escape mechanism, then thought it was too easy, but the use of the robot just didnt occur to me[/sp]
    [sp]I'd have rather they used the goo actually. The finale felt very rushed and messy, like they were trying to cram a two part story into 45 minutes. It also gave me the impression BBC executives were messing with it.[/sp]
    I thought it would have been better as a 2 parter too, altho recently I've felt that 2 parters hadn't been done that well. Many of the recent ones have felt like they've been completely separate episodes sharing a few plot lines rather than 2 parts of the same one.
    Very nice Christmas episode!

Best line: [i]"This cot is malfunctioning."[/i]

Jake
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Meh 3/5 for the xmas episode, I would have rather seen more Amy & Rory!

At least no actual jumping the shark this year..
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Happy Holidays, Dax!! :)

Still not getting around to watch Dr. Who. ;)
    Last year's christmas special is still my favourite.
    I really want The Doctor to re-decorate my room now! :P
    So it's finally that time of year again, and since Worf is off playing andndressing up at DragonCon I thought I'd start off the thread again!

Not a bad start to the new series, altho [sp]I did think the whole reason for the Daleks kidnapping them all felt rather contrived, and purely there so that we'd see at the end that they'd forgotten who the Doctor is. While on paper and asylum of insane Daleks sounds great and potentially scary....it just wasn't. I think that needed more work to be honest.

Interesting that the (very hot) actress playing Oswin is also the new companion, so I'm intrigued to see how that transpires! Some good comic moments too, but my overall impression of the episode was one of being rushed slightly.[/sp]

Overall verdict: 7/10