Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

DAZ Pro, Bryce 7 Pro, and Hexagon 2.5 free!

JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
Through February...

Now's your chance!

[url]http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d/free-3d-software-overview[/url]

registration for newsletter required...

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    I think their site is a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I'll keep an eye on it though, been getting more and more into 3d modelling lately.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    worked for me, downloading now. I have no idea what I will do with it, but Im not turning my nose up at free 3d software.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Nice, I've been mostly using Blender, but never heard of this so will check it out. Also my brother has been getting into Blender more than me so he might find this a fun application to use. Thanks for the tip JackN.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    nice :)
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I'm still not sure whether I should download these 3 tools or not. While they are free, they will quickly try to get us to long for content which is not free. I'm a complete newb with all things connected to procedural graphics as they are used in Bryce. I hardly have time to play games, I hardly have time to learn new tools.

I'm doomed!! :(
    Well, I downloaded them and installed them...only to find out that Bryce 7 does not support OSX Lion yet...and likely never will. They stopped development on it just before Lion was released and lost their only OSX programmer :(
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I downloaded it all and the regs, then promptly burned it to DVD... :p
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    I haven't done diddly with 3D in what seems like a hundred years. Hey, can't argue with free software!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I am so very glad I used a throw-away address to register for downloading them. They're sending an advertising email nearly every day now.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Yeah I noticed. The software is free because they want to sell you the content....
    Not only that, but they are 100% flagrantly violating the US Can-Spam act, which requires a company to provide an unsubscribe link in any commercial advertising that does not require a login to unsubscribe, and further requires any commercial advertising to not masquerade as a newsletter or other non-advertising material (must be clearly labeled as an ad). You click their unsubscribe link, and takes you to a login. And they are trying to disguise their advertising as a newsletter. Given that they are in the US, they have to obey that law. I plan to file a complaint with the FTC as soon as their site comes back up (it was recently hacked).

This is the link, once it comes back up, for registering a complaint with the FTC: [URL="http://www.ftc.gov/spam/"] www.ftc.gov/spam/[/URL]

From the FTC website: "Each separate email in violation of the law is subject to penalties of up to $16,000"
    Well, we should know by now what "free" means in the English language, as in free country, free people, free elections, free lunch, so I'm not surprised that "free software" isn't as free as it may at first seem. I do believe it's a smart move by the makers of the software, because how else are you going to get a wide audience interested into your product if it remains out of reach for most people because of the initial cost especially if it's just for fun?
    I downloaded everything, just in case it might actually be worth it. ;) When you do sign up, you can uncheck the newsletter feature, but I'll let you know if this "free deal" does involve getting spammed for it. I used an auxiliary email account anyway, so no big deal. :)