Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Prometheus

Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
[url]http://youtu.be/a9jRaa4Wkbk[/url]

Anyone else getting hyped for this movie?

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    Nope.

It's going to spoil the mystery of the crashed ship from Alien and I think that mystery makes the movie scarier.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Looking forward to it, hopefully it will be good.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I have minor expectations for it. LOL
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I have no plans to see it. I agree with Worf.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Thats like saying youre not going to see Stargate Atlantis, because that spoils the mystery of the ancients.

Im going to see it.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    ..or play Mass Effect 2 because that might spoil the mysteries of the first game.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    It's on my list to see...

;)

Haven't seen a movie in a theater since I left California... This is one I would make the effort for.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I wasn't sure I was going to go see it until the new tralier hit, Now i'm sure i'm going to go see it.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Playing Mass Effect 2 is different because it continues the story of the first. It's like watching The Empire Strikes Back to see what happens next in Star Wars but after Return of the Jedi, there's still alot of mystery left, how did Anakin turn to the Dark Side? What does Boba Fett look like?

These things were left to the imagination and that was great. Some things are best left that way.

Then they decided to show us and I think we all know how that went.

Prometheus feels the same. When you watch Alien you don't know a thing about the crashed ship and that really adds to the atmosphere and to continue the story, I watch Aliens.

No matter how good Prometheus turns out to be, I'd rather not spoil the mystery from the original movie.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    How do you know it's going to tell everything about the ship from Alien? Or that its even the same planet?

Or that it will spoil the experience of watching Alien?

Why not judge it for its own merits, not what came before.

And they did tell eventually how Anakin turned to dark side and what Boba Fett looked like. :P

Just.. somehow I feel that this wont turn out as bad.

Following that logic what you've used, you must hate the new Batman movies, because they reboot the movie franchise, and explain how Bruce Wayne became Batman (and prolly how he will stop being Batman).

It's just nitpicking. :)
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    From what I read it was supposed to be kind of a prequel to Alien movie, but was changed to be more independent.

But whoever can watch what they want to or not. I would only assume that if it does explain the origin of the alien ship and so on, people who have not seen the movie will eventually hear it from other sources.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    as far as Im concerned, its the only movie I will be seeing on opening night this year. I am VERY excited for this.
  • I do want to see it, an SF film by Ridley Scott? Of course I'd see it.

I plan to see it and judge it on its own merits, not for the connection to the Alien Universe. Now, sure, complete detachment from Alien would be impossible, but I think that condemning this film just because it's a prequel of sorts is unwarranted.
    Though I do respect that point of view, Alien is not that sacred to me, and personally I don't mind that mysteries get solved (as long as it's not done in a clumsy manner).
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I was interested until it went into the horror/thriller bent. Then I saw the crashing ship and I realized what it was.