Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Stargate stuff

SpiritOneSpiritOne MagnetoABQ NM
So I decided to watch Stargate again. I have SG1 seasons 1-7, and the original movie of course. I have to say aside from the normal problems associated with science fiction serialized television (for example, remember that thing that we found last week that would totally fix this problem this week? No I don't either), it's really good. I think it's filled with more humor than I ever noticed. Im only up to season 3, and there are some real good moments and great one liners that if you blink fast you will miss them.

Tealc seems to be the brunt of the jokes for the first couple seasons and sometimes he catches on and sometimes he doesn't, but for all that, I think I have more respect for Chris Judge as an actor. He isn't asked to show much range, but when he is, he does quite well at it. For example, in the episode where Tealc and Jack trade bodies, I think Chris does a much better Jack Oniell than Rick does Tealc.

I havent watched the show in ages, and I never watched it as much as B5 or Trek, so some of the episodes, while Im sure Ive seen are almost totally new to me.

Anyways, just thought Id share.

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    A SG-1 marathon is on my to-do list. I never followed the show and only watched a couple episodes here and there. RDA is great in it but to a whole generation he will always be MacGyver.

I saw the original Stargate movie first and I didn't like the show in the beginning, but in retrospect, that was probably a bad call on my part.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'm currently doing a Stargate Atantis run-thru. SG-1 will always be my favourite, but I still love Atlantis! It still has the mix of humour and seriousness, and doesn't take itself too seriously. We need Stargate back on our screens :(
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    We need more scifi on our screens than just Doctor Who and Clone Wars.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    I've recently done an SG-1 and Atlantis marathon with my partner, and we've loved watching it together. :D
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=WORF;195193]We need more scifi on our screens than just Doctor Who and Clone Wars.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a ton of [URL="http://tv.yahoo.com/shows-in-trouble"]TV shows got canceled[/URL] again, so maybe that's a good thing for the scifi community.

I didn't watch any of those... I think I checked out one episode of Alcatraz and nothing else. Not sure if any were worth watching, but I can't be the only one who doesn't take the time anymore to just sit and watch TV in this day and age.

We got $hit to do and only so much time to do it. :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE=Stingray;195204]...but I can't be the only one who doesn't take the time anymore to just sit and watch TV in this day and age.

We got $hit to do and only so much time to do it. :D[/QUOTE]

I think you've nailed it right there! People increasingly dont want to watch tv when its broadcast, but its only those numbers that the studios really care about. If you look at the figures accounting for PVR etc then the numbers are always much more impressive....

Also, the sheer number of shows that only get a single season (if that sometimes) before getting canned is, I think, starting to wear on audiences. Whats the point of making an effort to watch a show if you know that there's a very good chance it won't last past a single season?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I'm inclined to agree about people getting tired of starting to enjoy a show and then it getting cancelled.

It really does feel like it's not worth getting into a show until it starts a second or third season and even then, you know it could just get cancelled at any moment.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Out of that list, only Awake is the one that I followed. Had not even heard or seen most of the rest.

Sad to see awake go away.. and will see if can check out the only season of Missing atleast, what with Sean Bean and all.