Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

sopranos

Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
Just finished watching the last episode of season 5 (I think.. I reckon.. maybe).

And I have a empty feeling.

Not sure if it's the look on Tony Soprano's face in the end scenes.. or the music. But it sort of got me down. And I realised how much I actually like that show.

And damn.. Nip/Tuck went to break too..

That show keeps getting better and better.

Comments

• I wasn't really a fan occasionally watched it with a few friends who had HBO. I thought the funniest part was Joe Pantliano AKA "Dead Joe" when he took it up the ass with the dildo from the fat chick.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    aww... missed that one.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Alive!! It's ALIVE!! This thread is alive!!

Can you believe it? I'm finally watching the Sopranos, just started the third season. :) What a show, it's a drama and yet there are some really funny moments, except when someone buys it.

I always thought the Godfather was the mother of all mobster movies but now I am not so sure anymore. These classics all seem so over-acted and exagerated both in style, feeling and attitude. It's almost like watching a cartoon and not a time piece or dramatized documentary.

For the most part of the first two seasons the show has been fairly light-hearted except for the 12th episode of the second season which took me quite by surprise. Also the ultimate demise of "Pussy" in the 13th episode of the second season seemed odd and a bit rushed. It felt like, geez, we have to get rid of three characters and we only got two episodes left, let's kill two and send one home.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the series so far even if it took some time to get used to. ;)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Never watched it I'm afraid
    It first ran on HBO, so I don't know how long it took to reach other markets. I had only heard about it so many years ago and I made a mental note that one day I would check it out, which I'm doing now.
    Finished watching all 6 seasons of this show and overall I have to say I enjoyed it for the most part. Some characters were better than others. The humor and drama were keeping it interesting and this contemporary take on the American-Italian mob was fun to watch. :)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I'm more of a baritone myself
    :D
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    You know, I have no recollection of this event. And also, boy did Nip/Tuck go down fast. I cant even remember when I stopped watching that. Prolly 2005 or 2006. :P