Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Bad Cult Movies

I just finished (hauling all the gravel yesterday) watching [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiDcY2iUVfY"]Jonah Hex[/URL], yet another comic book to live action adaptation, this time with Josh Brolin, John Malkovich and Megan Fox in the leading roles. As with many movies this one has great production values but falls short in character development, dialogue and story making it quite a waste of time and money. Wild Wild West with Will Smith was just as bad if not worse. I am surprised at those failing attempts at creating alternate reality Westerns. Isn't a plain old Western good enough? There are so many great ones, the recipes that work are right there! But no, it looks like there is apparently a need for alternate junk. :)

Anyway if you haven't seen Jonah Hex (2010), do yourself a favor, skip it. I watched it so you don't have to. And no, Megan Fox doesn't save it either, in fact she adds absolutely nothing to the plot, but then we knew that ahead of time. ;)

There aren't too many movies that I waste my time with, if you know any that are worth skipping, feel free to chip in, we'll thank you later. :D

Comments

• I, Robot with Will Smith. It's absolutely horrible. Especially if you've actually read the book.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Hauling gravel is worse
  • Actually, this reminds me. Were any of you fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000? I loved that show. I watched an episode that I found on YouTube a while ago, making fun of this horrible movie called Laserblast. It was hilarious. I couldn't imagine watching that boring movie without MST3K.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=JackN;195813]Hauling gravel is worse[/QUOTE]

It is, but now that it's done I'm glad I did it because I won't have to do it again.

It was an intense training exercise, most of 32 metric tons in less than 3 weeks. I didn't even have to join a fitness club to get some of my atrophied biceps back into shape. ;) It was the worst and most productive vacation I've had so far. :D

One thing I won't have to buy or use is a lawnmower. There is plenty of grass elsewhere if necessary.

I Robot was quite forgetable. Now that you mention it, I never watched MST3K. I usually don't try to watch bad movies on purpose. There is a long list of bad movies, most of which don't make it to this side of the Atlantic. They don't call it the movie industry for nothing. It's mass production and they don't take no prisoners. ;)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    As Will Smith movies go I, Robot was only surpassed in its measure of sucking badly by his other abomination that was I Am Legend. When compared to the source material, they were travesties!
  • Hey, if you want more waste of time movies to skip, how about those horrible Transformers movies? LOL ROBOT TESTICLES LOL!!!!!!!!!!
    I only tried to watch the first Transformers movie and failed miserably. I can't even remember what the story was about. It did have Megan Fox in it which is all I recall.

I haven't checked out Battleship yet with Rihanna. I'm not holding my hopes up too high for that one. ;)
  • Oh yeah, Battleship is horrible too. Unless you're doing the MST3K thing like my friends and I did (we were the only ones in the theater).
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I love the Jonah Hex comics.. the volume they did before the "New 52". And I was expecting that quality from the movie.

Boy was I proven wrong. And no, cant recommend that movie to anyone. No matter the amount or quality of alcohol consumed.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I am guessing you could add Postal into the list? I mean, I saw it.. and it did have one or two chuckles in it.. but I was also going through a flu at the time so might've been the meds just kicking in.

Mostly its the normal Uwe Boll quality product.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Sounds like drinking games are in order
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'll drink to that!
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Speaking of bad comic/superhero movies that should be MySTified: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz97bXR6H_0[/url]

Jake
    I just noticed, this link above is the full length movie of the Justice League of America which can be streamed from YouTube. Not that this hasn't been done before, but I hope that won't get anyone into trouble. If it's really bad, I doubt anyone cares, but still.
    One could say the 80's are a great time segment which produced a large collection of awful movies. I was able to watch the original [I]Humanoids from the Deep[/I] on YT and it fits the bill quite nicely, but it was actually not as bad as you might think. ;) There is some bad acting mixed in with some less than perfect FX, but the make-up artists did a great job for the most part. It's not quite up to Jaws' standard, but it certainly took some cues from it. There was a remake as well, I'll have to check that one too.