Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Where's he hiding?

SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
Again with the absences! I swear, it's the only way I get anything done here. So here's the twice-annual State of the Sanfam:

1. Continuing my upward motion, I am now the manager of the customer service team behind one of America's largest online coffee retailers. Thank you, America. Good promotion is good.

2. Riding the coattails of A2597, I get Married to my beautiful Fiancé, Emily, in 19 days! It's largely a DIY wedding with the majority of everything designed or arranged by the two of us. Unfortunately, the nature of our individual families resulted in a small wedding blooming into something...much larger, thus more time being put into it than normal (but isn't that the case with everything?).

3. Also, new cat time. Her name is Creature, and she's a rescue Maine Coon. Super adorable!

tl;dr:
1. Promoted
2. Getting married or something
3. Got a new cat.

So there you go. I thought some of you might want to know why I've been so quiet...since 2010.

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Haven't you realised RealLife(tm) is overrated yet? Come back to the lunatic asylum, it's much more fun! ;)

Congrats on the impending wedding tho! Will there be lots of cake?
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    I have already ordered the wedding pie for you. It shall arrive just in time.

Also, how dare you post about a cat and not include any photos? Your internet credentials are hereby revoked.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I don't get it, since you are a manager now and don't need to do any actual work, shouldn't you have more time to post here? :D

Congrats!!!

Note: By the way, I'm experiencing some forum issues that started about a week ago, internal server errors and time-outs telling me I can't double post, even though I pushed the submit button only once. Anyone else have the same problems?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Yeah I've been getting that too Stingray

EDIT: in fact I just got the double message error when posting this!
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Congrats Sanfam!
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    \o/
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Congrats on all the stuff! :)
  • Congrats Sanfam! Hope your wedding goes off without a hitch! My wife and I also did most of it ourselves, a lot of work, but worth it! :D
  • CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Marrage is what it is, after 8 years with my wife, yeah i guess i still love her,, hahahaahah, no really i do, sorta, no all the way... mostly, no really i love .. i will send you a ball and chain buddy, no thats a joke ,, i think, no ts a joke really. With the cat and promotion no down sides definitly. No matter what you say to each other over the years never hold a grudge. well works for us. Different strokes for different folks of course.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Sanfam: You need to stop percolating and do something :p

As for forum errors...grumble. I assign Sanfam to look into it over the next 19 days ;)
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    8 years here as well, and less than a hundred assassination attempts. Sometimes things work out.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Having seen many of you guys grow up, it's pretty cool to see you getting married.

Jake
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I grew old... :p
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I grew sane, then crazy and back to sane.

Atleast that's what Sir Screams-A-Lot keeps telling me. But I'm not sure if he's to be trusted.. never heard of a flying disembodied head you could trust..
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    The one thing that will never change ^^^^
    If Refa changes then it'll truly be a sign of the apocalypse!
  • Congrats again on the wedding Sanfam! We expect photos from the event!
    (And if you DO reply right away, what on earth are you doing browsing a forum on your honeymoon?!)