Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

New FS2 Battlestar Galactica Mod Released

As you may be aware, for the past few years, there's been a new Galactica mod under development for FreeSpace 2 (it's sort of an offshoot of the "Beyond the Red Line" mod that came out way back when). Well, it was released without warning today, so [url=http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=81859.0]go download it[/url], I guess.

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    Thanks for that! Downloading it now :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Awesome! Let's see how good their Linux support is...
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I'm hoping to get a chance to take it for a spin tonight, after I finish up a couple things. Last night, I was only able to fire it up to make sure it ran and look at the pretty models in the tech room (and quietly *tsk, tsk* that they went and made the retconned Cylon raider a different class of ship).
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Wow that looks like it could be a lot of fun!
    I did get the chance to play a couple missions, and it was fun. I forgot how swimmy funtonian flying could be, and it's been years since I played a sim with a real-world style lead indicator (where it shows where the bullets are going to be rather than where the target is going to be), but I got used to things.

Started wearing out my arm hitting the "b" key doing missile defense in the first real mission, especially since they all seemed to be taken down by flack before I could line up on them, but it was still fun. Reminded me of the season 4 premiere. I really like that you can turn the tail gun off on the Viper VII so it's more like the show (the three-gun setup in BTRL made the VII my least-favorite ship to fly, since they were so widely spaced. I ended up just shooting [i]around[/i] raiders, and I never knew which way to go slightly off-center so they'd actually run into some of my bullets). And there was one moment where I was trying to abort a landing so I could hear the rest of the mission dialogue, and ended up "landing" with the top of my plane stuck to the roof of the flight pod, but that's all little stuff. And I absolutely adore the cockpits.

Big ups from me.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I've just played the first few missions, it's really impressive how much work went into this mod.

I do wish there were Viper MK2s in it though.
    I'm not sure when they're planning on adding it, but from the way they've been talking, it won't be too long for the next episodic release (of course, by "not too long," I mean not another four years). They've said they didn't want to just railroad it through the pipeline to shoehorn it into a campaign where it didn't belong.