Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

I'll join the change train!

Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
I took it... from cleveland. The train was.. a kind of.. old fashioned... Like the one from Back to the Future 3.

And now to the actual thing. So yea, I have to say. Personally I had the worst two years previously. Some large emotional losses, not just once but twice. But seems that this year it's all been going uphill.

As some of you know (facebook dudes!) I took my savings from the past 8 months and quit my job in Finland, and moved to Singapore. I arrived on October 31st, so thats 14 days ago.

Now today, about 2 hours ago actually, I signed a contract to work at a customer service position at Chanqi airport. So yea. I'll be here a while. :)

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Customer service, and that's going uphill to you? Oh my.

I guess it all depends on the kind of customers, although in my experience, they only come to you when they have a problem. :(

Good luck to you anyway. :)
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I like doing customer service.. even with the difficult ones. :P

I think the uphill part was mostly about me moving to asia. :D
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Good luck Refa :)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    The change train for me was a ride back in 2005. Still unsure about the end result.
    [QUOTE=Lord Refa;196542]I like doing customer service.. even with the difficult ones. :P

I think the uphill part was mostly about me moving to asia. :D[/QUOTE]

I deal with users, and their victims, their machines. :D So, to me, that's only half as bad. ;)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    So... I should avoid Changi Airport for a while? :p
    Stingray, i did similar for a year in Ireland. Sony Vaio tech support and customer service. Finland and other EMEA countries.

Biggles, quite the contrary. Or maybe yes...

Imhotep, past 9 years i have had 5 jobs, and 13 positions. Sometimes simultaneously.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I know all about that change train, First was when I bought the Cafe back in 2010, Now the 2nd cafe. but, it all seems to be working out so far, the new place is much busier than I expected it to be so far this winter. Fingers crossed....
    That's a lot of jobs in such a short time. Human resources become very suspicious if you do too much job hopping, so I've been told. At least it should make them curious about your reasons for switching jobs so often. They will wonder how long you will last at their company.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Stingray is quite right, I'm always a bit suspicious when I see someone with a LOT of jobs in a short time, However, from personal experience, it's not the only criteria we look at when hiring.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Good luck Refa!

We just hired two newbies today....poor saps, they have no idea what they're walking into haha! :D
    Stingray, Entil'Zha: Technically its 4 companies I worked for. First two are technically same company but different cities, I just had a 4 month holiday in between. The other ones, well, them I left because of bad management, lies told to the employees and lack of appreciation even though I was doing the workload of multiple people (at worst doing the jobs of 4+ people at one without extra pay).

So you know, most employers seem to understand the reasoning why I left. Last one is different in that even though there had been some changes it wasnt too bad, I just wanted to get back to doing customer service instead of b2b sales. :)