Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Alien Isolation

WORFWORF The Burninator
I've been playing this game the last two days and it's brilliant. The best way I can describe it is a modern take on System Shock 2, set in the Alien universe.

Forget Colonial Marines or the recent Aliens vs Predator game, this one was made by people who understand the movies it's based on. Well, movie, because even though they take a few plot elements from Aliens (mainly Ripley's daughter), the focus is on the first movie. There's only one alien, you can't kill it and you don't really have any weapons.

They've done a really good job capturing the atmosphere of Alien, it's obvious in the attention to detail. My copy came with the DLC that recreates scenes from the movie and they even got the correct alarm sounds for the Nostromo self destruct :D

Anyone else playing this?

Comments

• SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    I picked it up on Steam, got the version with the Nostromo stuff too. I've only had about 2 hours to play it, but so far I like it. The puzzles don't seem overly easy, I'm hoping I can come back to areas I've been in already though. Just got to the part where the alien kills someone in front of me. Pretty dam cool.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Worf, you are the first one to draw the parallel with SS2. Everyone else talks about Dead Space and Doom 3. I agree with you though, do you feel old yet? ;-)