Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

SpaceX CRS-6 landing attempt

MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
Coolest ever, until they actually make it :D

Comments

• So close, and yet so far.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    This has been done before, but the problem lies in getting it done safely every time. The DC-X project was just as spectacular.... and blew up too.
  • We'll have this nailed in just a few years. It's what humans do.
    I'm much more excited about drones and the progress that has been made in such a short time. I can totally see flying cars using similar technology in the not so distant future. 3D printers have also contributed to rapid prototyping. It's really a great time to be alive. ;-)
  • As is every time. In 50 years, we'll all be wishing we were just growing up.
    edited April 2015
    That's for sure, especially as far as general space travel is concerned. It's not really for our current generations. People get all excited about movies that take us to the stars. Even with private companies picking up the pace, only the richest of the rich will be able to afford it until prices drop. Until that happens we are left with watching astronauts drink their own filtered urine over and over during their year long tumble around earth orbit in the ISS. lol I mean, can't you see the majesty in that??
  • At least it's not a creaky wooden ship tumbling around the sea in a storm. At least now we know how to filter out the water from our bodily fluids so we don't have to drink beer all the time.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I mean who likes drinking beer?? :p
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    I am just hoping the price drops enough in my lifetime. I so want to visit space!
    edited April 2015
    I mean look at this!!! Not sure the seats are comfortable, but wow! lol

The closest we got to experience zero-g/free fall rides for a reasonable price are in theme parks... or jumping out of airplanes which isn't really my thing. ;-)
    That's why it's called rocket science. Stuff can still go wrong. It would have been nice if they'd managed to save the cargo.
  • Whatever happens, spaceX is still a thousand times more successful than NASA was back in the 50's.