Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Two new space shows

WORFWORF The Burninator
In the last week, two new scifi shows, actually set in space, have started on Syfy (so who knows how long they'll last?). The first was Dark Matter and the other is Killjoys. Of the two, I think I liked Killjoys the most but both were enjoyable and you can see the Firefly influence on them. Worth a look! :)

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I checked out both pilots and they are not bad indeed. A bit too cool and selfimportant for my taste but your mileage may vary. It's difficult to come up with new ideas when the best ones have been done many times before. An android/AI controlling a ship, mind wiped protagonists, bounty hunters/killers in space mixed in with the mob/mega corporation, where have we seen that before? ;-) That said, it's too early to tell how the shows are going to evolve with just one episode. So, yeah, worth a look.
  • Plus, "influenced by firefly" doesn't exactly make a show less enjoyable...
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Neither show is the best scifi I've seen, but they're both fun and I'll take them over none :)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I'm still enjoying Defiance, myself. I haven't tried the new ones yet.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Man Defiance is really dark this season.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I like Defiance, although it always gives me the impression they want to be Game of Thrones with aliens.

Watched the second episode of Dark Matter today, thought it was excellent and can definitely recommend the show (also watch both episodes together).

Rebels is also good but then they have a team of people who care about Star Wars running the show.
  • FreezeFreeze Disguised as a Trainee
    I would have liked to see how Continuum finally ends.
    Hey... it's been renewed for final, fourth season! On air starting Sept 4, 2015.

Good thing I happened to check out Wikipedia :D