Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Kingsman: The Secret Service

What do you get when you convert a British spy movie parody (Austin Powers) back into a plain British spy movie (James Bond)? In my opinion that's what K:TSS is. I enjoyed it for what it was but something was off and I can't quite put the finger on it.

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I felt like the movie couldn't quite figure out if it wanted to be a
    regular" slightly-over the top fun action movie or an absurd parody. Regardless my husband and I loved it.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    edited May 2015
    Now that I had some time to reflect on it, I'd say the weaponised tactical umbrella was a bridge too far. lol I mean, you can get tough umbrellas for selfdefense but all that gadgetry pushed it into the realm of parody.

The remote controlled taxi cab was fun though.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    It's meant to be over the top and silly. You don't watch movies like this for realism :P
    edited May 2015
    That's why they are called movies.... Remember that video game series No One Lives Forever? I enjoyed that a lot. The latest honest trailer (Screen Junkies) on Armageddon is effing hilarious!!

Why is it easier to train oil rig workers to become astronauts than to teach astronauts how to operate a large drill? Simple, it's Michael Bay logic. lol
    Here's the honest trailer. =))