Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

So what has everyone been doing during the long sleep?

Comments

• Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    PURRRRRRRPPPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEE!!!! PURPLE PURPLE Purple!
  • FreezeFreeze Disguised as a Trainee
    Purple meds, maybe? :D

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    ^^^^ But it will take the edge off!! lol
    I just got banned for 10 days from my favourite board (MuroBBS), because I expressed my serious disgustion (maybe a little trolling in his sale thread) to a board moderator who is regularly dealing limited products offered to the same board members for about 10% cheaper ... the same product comes for sale by this mod the next day, at normal sale price.

I feel happy. Using my common-law wife's nick to browse the board. :coffee_smiley:
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    So sad to hear what some of you have experienced during the years and I wish you all the best and lots of strength. I lost a friend once when he made a suicide, but that was a long time ago when we were still young. Other than that, I have fortunately ever had to attend only 4 funerals, which were all my grandparents.
    And of course also nice to hear that many of you have had happy times too. :)
    I had to attend to a funeral, too. Two weeks ago, my sister-in-law. Cancer. Don't like funerals, but since I'm closing to 45 myself, more are bound to come ...
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I had one to go to a couple of years ago. One of my best friends from Uni had a brain tumour. Not a good way to go. But I've been to several weddings since, so the cycle of life and death balances out I guess
    We all must face that unfortunately, sooner or later. Have to say I've been lucky I haven't had to attend any more so far and hopefully won't have to for a long time to come. But life goes on, they say.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Funny to look at my Profile and see "Joined 16 years ago"

:p
    edited March 2015
    Indeed. How time flies. And actually some of us joined Firstones even before that. 1999 was not the first incarnation of the forums, but we actually had to rejoin after new forum software installation as I recall. And it all actually began from Sierra forums. I think it was... 1997?
  • It's a nice place here.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I can't believe it's 12 since I joined...
  • Sooner or later, with the Elite: Dangerous boards doing everything firstones used to do, we'll have to scuttle the forums to prevent them becoming a hazard to navigation.
  • CanavandriveCanavandrive Registered User
    I envy those of you who have found persistently normal lives with stability. Always seems like a roller coaster for me. High ups, low lows, and terribly poor. There is always the future to look forward to. Sadly cannot find the old b5 VHS tapes I had here. Maybe it's time to finally buy the DVD set.
  • Finally buy them?

They're pretty cheap now, and they have a more modern design so they take less shelf space.
  • edited March 2015
    Plus, the director's commentary is interesting and you can actually pause the credits at the end of "sleeping in light" (sniffle).
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Woo hoo! Finally back online! Hope my comment doesn't end the thread ;)
    Life has been more of the same: same job, wife, daughter, and glad it stayed that way.
  • maxdamagemaxdamage Earthforce Officer
    edited April 2015
    Glad to see the forums are back.Been meaning to check to see whats up for ages but real life just gets in the way...Also been battling health problems,2 neighbours that are running industrial businesses from their residential homes for a number of decades plus trying to get them shut down permanently,etc....

[edit]Been slowly working on my B5 EA Warlock Destroyer for HW2 as well.
  • GopherGopher Earthforce Officer
    Finally back after a long hiatus. Rocking Elite Dangerous and imagining that the imperial courier is a White Star. :) Hope everyone is well!
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Time for my yearly login...

:p
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    edited December 2015
    Mine too! Been getting back into R/C racing, after an 17 year hiatus.

Here is the Team Associated T5M truck I got earlier this year:

And this was my early Christmas present, an Associated B5M buggy, still in the process of being built:

Jake
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    I can't believe it's been ~10 years since I met Sanfam and Worf and started on here... So much has happened!

Moved back to Canada after New York, finished my Masters degree and met P.

P and I moved in together pretty quickly and then headed for the west coast. After a year of that, we came back home to the east coast, bought a house then bought another.

8 years after getting together, being married for 4, we have since separated (~5 months ago). It's been difficult, it was my decision to leave but it's still been challenging.

I'm a Project Manager for an IT company here in Halifax. I have a beagle named Yoshi.

I've missed you guys!
    Sorry to hear that Dax! Sounds like you've clocked up a fair few miles throughout all that! Good to see you back here tho!

I've been in London for nearly a year and a half now in my "new" job, which is ok. Moved in with my girlfriend after about a year, and am currently signed off work with a bad back! So fun fun fun!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I still exist!
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    I have clocked up a few miles yeah for sure, no regrets, just adventure!

Biggles- hi! :)
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    I got married in 2007, had a kid in 2014, and in between those years my wife and I did some traveling to Peru, Italy, Canada, and took several trips to Disney World. In the last few years, friends of our have introduced us to the wonderful world of board games. It has been a fun ride.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Peru is a fun place.
  • I heard you can get really high in Peru.
  • WarleaderWarleader Inmate: Babylon Project Mental Health Facility
    ARISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARISE STARSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!