Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

RIP Stephen Furst

WORFWORF The Burninator
This just appeared on his Facebook page :(
Actor and comedian Stephen Furst died on June 16, 2017 due to complications from diabetes.

Steve has a long list of earthly accomplishments. He was known to the world as an brilliant and prolific actor and filmmaker, but to his family and many dear friends he was also a beloved husband, father and kind friend whose memory will always be a blessing.

To truly honor him, do not cry for the loss of Stephen Furst. But rather, enjoy memories of all the times he made you snicker, laugh, or even snort to your own embarrassment. He intensely believed that laugher is the best therapy, and he would want us to practice that now.

If you knew him personally, remember his gift for lighting up a room. And no matter who you are, when you think of Steve, instead of being sad, celebrate his life by watching one of his movies or use one of his bits to make someone else laugh - really, really hard.

Sincerely,

His sons Nathan and Griffith Furst

Comments

• TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    I JUST saw this. Rest in peace, Vir. Many friends await you beyond the rim.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    :(
  • As I said in my Facebook post....Vir was who we all wanted to be if we were everymen in that universe.

• DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    He was absolutely wonderful when I met him a few years ago in Pheonix.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Just came to post this.

Another B5 great passes beyond the rim. :(
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    edited June 2017
    Just found out from Claudia Christian's Facebook page. I can't believe yet another one of the B5 cast is gone and much too early again. It seems almost like a curse, unbelievable. Soon there's no-one left anymore at this rate. Almost all of the male main cast members are gone already now. I think there's now only Peter Jurasik, Bill Mumy and Bruce Boxleitner left. :(
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Mira Furlan
  • I don't think any of the women leads have died. Mira, Claudia, Tracy Scoggins, Pat Tallman, Andrea Thompson, whoever played Na'Toth, are all still alive.

But yeah, the male leads? :(

Fear not though, Byron is still alive.
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    edited June 2017
    Hey, Robin Atkin Downes is a pretty cool guy from what I've seen. He did a kick ass job as Miller in Metal Gear. After reading the scripts, I really think the problem was with the writing, and that if there's anything you like about Byron, it's probably because of Robin's portrayal.
    Ummmm.... where's the "reply to" -button so you can quote someone?

@croxis What about Mira Furlan?

Yeah, Robin Atkin Downes is alive of course, but he was not main cast. Jason Carter however could be counted as main cast too I think. Afterall he was in 45 episodes.
  • CanavandriveCanavandrive Registered User
    Yeah RIP :/
    Small note the actor who played Byron also did the character voice overs for the Demon Hunter in Diablo 3.
    Galen, was in a few episodes of Fringe as the observer, I thought to watch some other scifi other then B5 and the usual. I'm binge watching Fringe and I'm almost through S4.
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    *Sigh*

Such sad news. I was looking through an old CC pass out with his signature on it the other day...
  • spessuspessu Trainee
    edited July 2017
    I can't believe this :(

These B5 cast members' deaths happen way too frequently and it hurts me in a special way because I was (and still am) such a diehard fan of the show.

RIP Vir.

(Sleeping in Light playing in background while I type this.)

Greets to PJH btw! (B5ItF-Finland forums :) )

Edit: This is what I wrote when Michael O'Hare died: "Wow, what a shock. I've been reading this past week old, saved messages from the old B5ItF-Finland forum, and never really even visiting Firstones anymore until now... and I spotted this news. Just somehow a weird timing."

Exactly the same happened this time too.
    @spessu: Howdy! Been a long while since that place was still online. Also many years have passed since Firstones was at its peak, so to say. Oi niitä aikoja. :)
  • sinclairsinclair Ranger
    edited July 2017
    Every time I visit the boards, I notice a thread that someone who meant a great deal to me when I was still a kid has died. Guess that's why I don't really visit so often anymore.

It saddens me to see this happening, but that's just the cycle of life in its most simplest form. We can follow some steps to make our visit here a bit longer, but the counter never stops ticking. Maybe only for the First One the story is different than for us mortals.

My respects and memories of these people will remain as long as my counter still ticks.
  • MatthewMatthew Earthforce Officer
    Its such sad news that his no longer with us. I never realised he was a comedian though now that I think about it. It makes sense.