Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The Expanse S1 on Amazon Prime

2»

Comments

• CanavandriveCanavandrive Registered User
    Finally found time to watch Expanse S1 and S2. This is really the best scifi in a long time for me. Right in episode 1 the action was great, I so need to try sex in 0g someday. I really liked Thomas Jane as Detective Miller, that rough around the edges, IDGF attitude rubbed off on me. [Spoiler] I really was hoping he would make it back to earth and feel the rain. I feel like his death with Eros was kind of a let down. Yeah so all the cool ships, the ruggedness of being out on the belt, all that rustic feel felt good to watch. I'm kinda with that argument about Steven Strait as Holden, is he squinting on purpose? Is that to let me know your angry. Amos as a character is one really scary dude. He is definitely the brute of the story. All the politics in the show seem realistically plausible most of the plot seems like it could totally happen. Alex the pilot too hes just so like able and I think the moment for him was the mission at Ganymede using the moons to dodge the Martians. The funny thing about the belt, that belter speak, "Ya beltah loadah." "Pumpa." and all the other would be obscenities for that reason alone I really do want to read the books just to figure out what the hell they're saying. I felt like at the end of Season 2 Holden changed, I'm thinking the Eros massacre flipped him out a bit and I don't recall him killing anyone personally until the end of season 2. Am I wrong, did he shoot anyone during the surprise attack on Eros? Looking forward to Season 3 when it becomes available to me.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Well, I assume we've all heard that The Expanse was canceled and then uncanceled, right?

Also, with regard the end of the last episode; ew.
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    Canceled? Really? What is wrong with this world? And then not canceled afterall? Well for once great news then if the decision was turned around afterall. Lets hope it'll be a long running series. I haven't started watching 3rd season yet myself. Just wanted to wait a little for the episodes to accumulate, so that I can watch more of them without waiting always a week between the episodes. Nicer that way. :)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    SciFi canceled, the Amazon nabbed it.
    Oh? SciFi just keeps ruining everything forever then it seems. Why they even bother to keep going at all when they cancel everything after a while, which is any goot at all, I just wonder. What a joke of a company they are. I don't like Amazon much either as a company due to various reasons, but I'm glad they picked it up to keep it going.
    Well, SyFy took a pretty bad deal on the show because they wanted a BSG-style prestige program. I don't think they even had rerun rights, just the initial airings in the U.S., so to make back their money, they needed the show to do tremendously in live first-run viewing, which is pretty hard to do in this day and age (moreso when, if you get it online, legally or otherwise, you get all the swears that SyFy cuts out). Amazon already had the domestic streaming rights, so it wasn't a big stretch for them to also want to pick up the first-run rights.
  • CanavandriveCanavandrive Registered User
    So did anyone enjoy Season 3? I did, certain things were unclear though, the giant space hairball as I understand converted to the ring. Though that wasn't exactly said, thats what I gathered though. I see now that Miller in some way may have a chance at fulfilling that dream of feeling the rain on earth. Amos continues to be scary and at every step hes continuously unpredictable. Like with the asian doctor trying to find his daughter, "You're not that guy." and then, "I am that guy." (BOOM!) It was funny in a destructive, nihilistic way. So what is the ring, is it a portal to an alternate dimension or is it like a snail's shell, still part of the same universe but a way to access the rest of it? We don't know yet, but that right there is what will keep me watching for Season 4. I felt S3 though less political opened up the plot for a lot of really good questions. I still insist that the reading the books would make sense out of some of the questions, and even the answers that still lead to additional questions. I do think though the author is leaving this so open ended, that the ending, remains to be either, cynical, pessimistic, or hopeful and optimistic. Theres no way to know yet because there are so many open ended plot ideas that could go either way. I'm looking forward to Season 4 and you know just cause I may just pay for it this time.
    edited August 2018
    I haven't watched season 3 yet myself. I've been hoping that Netflix would make it available here in Finland, but I'm guessing it'll still take several months before they'll add it. It's very annoying how they treat their customers in some cases. Season 2 was added long after it was already shown in the US and in this day and age it's just not acceptable. I might download season 3 from the net, like I did with season 2, because it just takes forever with some productions to become available here. Luckily though we didn't have to wait for new Star Trek episodes and we could watch them about the same time as in the US, but some seem to take forever to get here for some reason. Also with Killjoys the same thing. Season 4 is running in the US already, but here only first season is available and no new seasons have been added after the first and I don't think they will ever make them available anymore. No respect for the viewers and customers at all. All they care about is just their bank accounts apparently.
    Its a shame they make piracy more covenant.
    Yep, it's just strange business in my opinion. I'm willing to pay them money, but they just aren't providing.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Season 3 will be on Amazon Prime Feb 8th...currently rewatching S1 an S2 in 4K to get ready.
  • CvrzCvrz Hong Kong
    Expanse is my new favorite sci-fi series, by far. The characters, the CGI, the story. Last time I felt like this about a series, it was B5 and the year was 199..7? It has its flaws, but what doesn't.

Only gripe I have, is that they've apparently kept the 4K release to the US (and UK?) only. So if I want to watch it in its full glory, I have to bypass Amazon (for which I'm paying) and watch it by.. alternate.. means.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Finally got started on S3, holy craps its good, great pacing.  A couple times I have intended to grab one episode, but ended up binging 3 at a time.
    I loved season 4, but I think season 3 is still my favorite. As far as pacing and structure, S4 reminded me a lot of S1, a lot of seemingly-disconnected stories that kept having indications there was a larger plot below the surface connecting them all.

I hope the fan and BTS reaction is heard, and they do a week-by-week release of Season 5. There's something to be said for instant gratification, but it's a lot more fun when new Expanse lasts two or three months instead of two or three days.
    There was a lot of discussion about weekly releases on the subreddit. The irony is that a weekly release forms a stronger community. There is a hotflash of episode discussions for about a week then it is just people making memes and talking about how awesome amos and ava are. My current favorite cartoon, Dragon Prince, has the same problem. Instead of a flash of discussion, a week-by-week episode release would have people talking about the show for months, which generates a lot of continual buzz. Then, because of the advantages of streaming, those who wish to join the bandwagon can easily start watching the show and catch up.

I don't think baby yoda would be as popular as it is if the Mandelorian dropped the whole season at once.