Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

An interesting article about B5's picture quality, widescreen conversion issues etc.

PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
Stumbled upon this article on Claudia Christian's Facebook page where she posted this. Very interesting read. Too bad some
executives are always ruining everything good, because of short-sightedness and closed-mindedness and over small amounts of money and simply pure stupidity. Anyway, have a read.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/22/babylon-5-digital-video-quality/

Comments

• DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I happened to find that a few days ago myself. It really sucks that the show didn't get the treatment it should have. I also found all that stuff about Buffy hilarious. What a bunch of idiots that handled that.

This also makes me wonder, what exactly happened with the episode Into the Fire on DVD? Why is the sound so awful that it makes the episode almost unwatchable? I really don't understand how the hell this happened while every other episode sounds great. And is there any way to somehow fix it by messing with settings or something?
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I never saw ITF on broadcast, but I did get the VHS release of it, and that version also had weird sound (though I felt like it was just the teaser that was really bad on the tape, and the DVD was muffled throughout, but I never did a direct comparison or anything so I could have misremembered). I guess there was just something wrong with the episode.
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    edited July 2018
    I remember it sounding the same as any other episode whenever I saw it rerun on TV. I've only heard this audio mess with the DVD.