Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The Global Social Distancing Game Hosting Thread

croxiscroxis I am the walrus
edited March 2020 in Zocalo v2.0
Edit2: Server is working! Hop in discord and head to the space engineer channel!

Edit: Space Engineers was selected! I'll post the link and password once we get the server stable.

As we are now older, crazy timezones, and children possessed, it has been harder to find time to get into our games together. So I am putting together a list of persistent games that we can play at our leisure.

Private Server Options (we can run our own semi-private world):

Space Engineers is a sandbox game about engineering, construction, exploration and survival in space and on planets. Players build space ships, space stations, planetary outposts of various sizes and uses, pilot ships and travel through space to explore planets and gather resources to survive.

I have a lot of fun with this one. Could do a Green and Purple faction, complete with flying water coolers. There are a lot of mods available to spice things up and increase difficulty. Game is played in a first or 3rd human character perspective. Crafts are built with different blocks. I really enjoy being a character in a ship, as opposed to being a ship directly.
(Upvotes: Seafroggys, Sanfam; Downvote: Biggles)

Construct and manage your own space station either by yourself in singleplayer or with friends online! Fully functioning atmospherics, science, power, engineering, medical, logic, and agricultural systems. Explore to find asteroids and construct elaborate factories to harvest your resources!

I have not played, but my understanding is that this is a bit more elaborate and technical cross between Space Engineers and the old BYOND game Station 13. Very interesting possibilities of mayhem! (Upvotes: Biggles, Downvote: None)

Space station 13 is an old top-down sprite based game running on the very old BYOND engine. While there are multiple gamemodes, the gist is you and your player crew are running a space station, complete with departments and chief engineers! And things go wrong and you either fix it, or die. A game world last for a certain amount of time (2 weeks I think). I have not played it but I really like the premise!

Based on cult classic Space Station 13, Unitystation is a multiplayer RPG about life in deep space. Be an engineer, lawyer, surgeon or clown and keep the station safe from saboteurs. Each round is filled with paranoia and lighthearted fun, even as you get thrown out the airlock.

Like above, but with a modern game engine!

Stranded on the shores of a mysterious island, you must learn to survive. Use your cunning to kill or tame the primeval creatures roaming the land, and encounter other players to survive, dominate... and escape!

I had a bit of fun with this playing pve with my small group of irl friends, but the four of us could only get so far.

Create a civilization capable of stopping a meteor without destroying the ecosystem in the process.

What is really interesting about this game is that the world lasts (on default settings) for about 40 in real life days. If your society destroys the meteor, you win! If not, you lose! It is a bit of Civilization meets minecraft. Like ARK the gameplay is balanced around larger player counts. When I played, three active players could not make it far into the industrial revolution.

Advanced Space Flight, Combat, Trading, and Exploration Simulation. Set in a vast explorable universe, Evochron Legacy offers freeform gameplay with many diverse objectives and paths to choose from.

I have not played this one. Seems like standard you-are-a-spaceship elite-cross with X-cross with EVE style game.

MMO
EVE Online is a community-driven spaceship MMO where players can play free, choosing their own path from countless options. Experience space exploration, immense PvP and PvE battles, mining, industry and a thriving player economy in an ever-expanding sandbox.

We can run a space station, or something.
Tagged:

Comments

• I vote Space Engineers. I want to build a space station.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Space engineers it is! Hop in Discord and head to the space engineer channel for info!