Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Contacts to Bluebyte

[b]Chicky[/b] just posted this...

If you have developed a game for the PC (Win/NT) and are looking for a publisher, please
ensure the following materials are readily available to Blue Byte for serious consideration:

A complete game design document.
Project timelines including milestones and financial requirements.
A demonstration version of the game on CD-ROM or Zip disks and if possible video too.
Comprehensive backgrounders on all members of the development team, highlighting
their skills and previous experience within the industry.
Annotation of the current product status. If the game is complete, please include
details of any marketing/press materials to date (if applicable) and any languages the
game has already been translated into.

European Submissions to Erik Simon (E-mail: simon@bluebyte.de)
Mail to:

Erik Simon
Software Evaluation
Blue Byte Software, Inc.
Branch Office Mülheim an der Ruhr
Eppinghofer Straße 150
45468 Mülheim an der Ruhr
Germany

North America, Canada to Kevin Sturdivant (E-mail: sturdivant@bluebyte.com)
Mail to:

Kevin Sturdivant
Software Evaluation
Blue Byte Software, Inc.
8140 North Mopac, Suite IV-230
Austin, TX 78759
U.S.A

All material will be held in the strictest of confidence. However, if you wish Blue Byte Software
to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement before evaluating your products, please forward your
NDA via e-mail to the contacts above before sending any other material. Once these steps
have been taken and the product is in the evaluation stages, please do not contact us for
updates. We will contact you for further information or advise if we wish to discuss with you.

I don't know if he already contacted with them, but he sais he wanted to go for further info.

------------------
Just another lousy wannabe
Starfury-Pilot...

Comments

• Is this a possible publisher? Can we contribute e-mails or something?

------------------
    [b]Commander[/b] socrates
    flightleader, [i]Erinyes[/i]
    The Gray Hand of Fate
    AnlaShok Blackops

"Do [b]NOT[/b] interfere."
  • SolitaireSolitaire Moderator
    Bluebyte is gaming-company located in germany. And yes the adresses shown above seem to be the contacts for suggestions or more specific to hand in game concepts and stuff.
    I think DG or the devs. should comment on if this is an option.
    But to relativate the chances I must say I've doubts that Bluebyte is financially capable realizing such project.
    They've already released a sub-sim based on a Privateer-like concept, but I think their reputation and circle of action is limited to europe (you guys overseas correct me if I am wrong eh?).

------------------
    Starfury-Pilot...
  • mobvekharmobvekhar Elite Ranger
    Bluebyte is the publisher of the Settlers-series, right?

------------------
    Captain Mobvekhar
    Second in command of the Pokemon Mercenary Fleet
    First Officer of the warship "Ares"
    Second in command of Blue Squadron
    -Charmander-

"Don't be a fool, you idiot!"

[This message has been edited by mobvekhar (edited 03-20-2000).]
  • RandyRandy Master Storyteller
    Didn't they do Archemedian (sp) Dynasty? If so, I'd love to see these guys put out ITF. I was very much influenced by their game in the early design stages of our game. It's a kick-ass under water sim with great "flight" characteristics, which include the effect of currents.

I pushed the parameters of that game to find out what it could do and found out that you can disregard the missions and just simply take off and go exploring. Very cool. And if you happen into enemy territory their ships, tanks, turrets, etc. will attack – without the need of a mission. And speaking of NPC’s, they were smart!

This was a first-person sim in terms of the missions themselves, with adventure game, or RPG game moments in-between in which you could interact with characters to try and unravel the story and also to find ways to get your next job. These moments used branching dialogue trees. If you choose the wrong question or reply, you can not only lose an opportunity for a job, but make enemies as well. Speaking of story, the game came with an outrageous book that details the backstory and all of the various factions that inhabit the sea – the only place left on Earth where there’s life. The various factions have detailed backgrounds, including their goals and methods.

There’s an exceptional module in the game that you use to outfit your ship. It’s so cool that you just want to play with this module instead of getting back to the game.

The underwater graphics were very cool, but the adventure game parts were very simple graphically. Didn't bother me though. Their game should have done very, very well. But instead, because they didn't have strong distribution, it didn't. I loved it. Must have spent weeks of hours playing it.

I emailed the guy who's trying to put something together for us to tell him about this idea.

[This message has been edited by Randy (edited 03-20-2000).]
    Yea, contact him - In the meanwhile Chicky and me will try to check out the status at Bluebyte.

If you want to contact the mother-company in germany and need someone to translate - call for me!

------------------
    Starfury-Pilot...
  • I agree Randy, it was a great game. It had a nice learning curve, not too hard, not too easy. I managed to get to the Gibralter pirate base before I got killed. Even the cutscenes were beautiful without being overlong. When watching those cutscenes I got the impression that this was what Seasquest DSV SHOULD have been like. Apparently Blue Byte are doing a sequel if youre interested Randy, but I cant remember the name off hand. If I see any details about it I'll tell you.
    The idea of drifting with the currents was good, those missions where you had to be stealthy. There was an unusual music track as well, and as you said the background given out by the book was worth reading in its own right, even though there was very little present in the game. The opening sequence I thought was very impressive, beating some of the top companies around at the time. It's now available in budget.

------------------
    -------------------------
    Pilot Officer Anla'Shok D. Nicol
    Wingman
    1st Squadron RSF
    the NEW BRITISH EMPIRE
    Second to None.
    "If you value your lives, be somewhere else" - Delenn
    ...went over to Bluebyte there's no other way to contact as shown above and I think I am not the right representative.

If there has been some other contact adress for suggestions of costumers I could have tried to investigate if there would be interest.

I'll try their forum next!

------------------
    Starfury-Pilot...
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Wow! This sounds promising. I've never heard of Bluebyte though, well I don't think so. Doesn't ring a bell here in the UK anyway.

Fingers crossed! And I'm looking for as many 4 leafed shamrocks and clovers as I can find....

------------------
    'The future is all around us' G'kar

Visit my B5 site at: [url="http://babylon5.acmecity.com/alliance/110"]http://babylon5.acmecity.com/alliance/110[/url]
  • Long time since I've seen blueByte publish any (popular) games....
    So it would be a good moment to have a (poplar) release now.

------------------
    Starfury-Pilot...
  • Dawn FalconDawn Falcon Earthforce Officer
    Archemedian Dynasty is truly a great game. The subs handle really well, and the storyline is great. And the graphics are as good as you might expect, given it's age. Plus the music was cool.

The sequel to it is being called Aqua, and you're "Deadeye" Flint again, this time fighting a biological menace....

It's would be cool of BlueByte could do B5:ITF, but they ARE mainly European in their reach....

------------------
    Dawn Falcon
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    Yes,

I loved this game too. Here in Germany it's named:

Schleichfahrt

Dawn Falcon go to the Internetadress BlueByte.de or read the first replay and you will find out, that Blue Byte reaches North America too.

Chicky

*Hope is the Future*
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    What 's Situation ???
    ...hop to the main forum for some special news from Randy!

------------------
    Starfury-Pilot...
  • Archimedean Dinasty...Good game...you have a patch for 3DFX, and a few more the prize 9,99$, and they give you free extreme assault...mmm...i don´t find andything about a sequel.
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    What's Situation for BlueByte ???

------------------
    The best Hope is Future
  • KinkyJKinkyJ Earthforce Officer
    I played Archemedian Dynasty too (well, the demo) on a friend's brand new 486 (well it was at the time [img]http://www.firstones.com/forums/smile.gif[/img]). I was very impressed with what I saw but somehow never managed to buy the game...a missed oportunity methinks.
    Chicky: Rick's going to look into it. Thanks.
    That'll be great...hope they have an open ear for our venture.

------------------
    Starfury-Pilot...
  • Da10n1Da10n1 Earthforce Officer
    Falcon1:
    BlueByte made The Settlers. u MUST remember that
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    Hey,

I hope, that a great Game will be able to find a great Home.
    [img]http://www.firstones.com/forums/biggrin.gif[/img]
    [img]http://www.firstones.com/forums/cool.gif[/img]
    It's a great thing.
    A wonderful Message in my ears.
    I hope that the future would be successfull.

See my signature, that is my meaning.

Chicky

------------------
    The best Hope is Future
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    ??????What's Situation for BlueByte ??????????

------------------
    The best Hope is Future
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    What's going on ???

------------------
    The best Hope is Future
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    Look to the two questions over this question.

------------------
    The best Hope is Future
    We are talking with potential publishers. Both of us have a ton of work to do. We'll get to Blue Byte as soon as we can.
  • Sounds promising...
    Hope you make it, guys !
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    Look to Skullar.
    My meaning, too.

It's very nice, that you do that all for the game and us, the Babylonian Fans.

------------------
    The best Hope is Future
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    Hello Randy,

what's going on with Blue Byte ???

Wich publishers are there, too ???

Should I look for other publishers, in the internet ???
    Questions over questions.

I hope, that Sector 14 would be successful.

You do it!!!

Chicky
    *a German Gamer*

------------------
    The best Hope is Future
    Rick is still working on the business plan. We need to get it done before we can move forward on making contact with various publishers. I just got word today that he expects to have a first draft ready for me to look at this week.
  • ChickyChicky Moderator
    What's going on ???

------------------
    The best Hope is Future