Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

B5 RPG Updates

MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
1. Are there any updates since the chat session with En-World?

All sorts of things are happening with B5 behind the scenes at the moment, and the main rulebook is currently being laid out and made ready for print - everything is still on schedule! A number of exciting developments have happened. For example, we have managed to get hold of the original set plans used in filming - this means our maps of various locations on Babylon 5 _cannot_ be more realistic!

2. You said that you would take some of the cooler page(s) and post them on your Website. Any expectation of that happening in the near future?

We will indeed be previewing bits and pieces for Babylon 5 - probably in the next week or so, when the book is looking a little more finished.

3. I have been looking to see what kind of price I can get if I pre-order this title. However, that has been somewhat hampered because certian merchants mis-categorize them. Have you settled on the ISBN for the core book yet?

I do not know if we do have the ISBN for B5 just yet - I'll check up on that for you. The retail price, however, will be $44.95 for a 304 page full colour hardback.

4. Does Mongoose Publishing have any intention of making a dedicated Babylon 5 RPG site? Or is that something Warner Bros. needs to do? If so could you nudge them in the right direction (aka. making a dedicated site for the RPG)?

There will indeed be a seperate site for B5 - it will be next in line for development after Judge Dredd, Slaine and Armageddon.

5. Will there be supplements covering the Drakh & Telepath Wars?

No doubt we will cover the Drakh and Telepath War but this will be in the future as we have a lot of ground to cover first. Probably in 2004.

6. Will Mars & the other Earth Colonies get their own Sourcebook(s)?

The third supplement for the B5 RPG is the Earth Alliance, a 200 page (at the moment!) hardback, covering _everything_ you could ever want to know about the EA and its colonies.

7. How involved will JMS be in the project (other than having final Yea or Nay)?

We have been consulting with JMS on several issues with the main rulebook and so have already been able to include some material that has yet to see the light of day. However, with the first few supplements, we are working hard to cover the TV series and so the amount of brand new source material is correspondingly low. Once we start getting into the Minbari and Centauri hardbacks (being written right now!), then things will get more interesting and JMS will take a great deal of interest.

8. Will there be a "Moon-Faced Assassin of Joy" PrC

Speaking of a Moon-Faced Assassin of Joy, we have someone in the office who looks just like Vir. . .

9. Not sure if it's anywhere else, but will there be any subsequent sourcebooks on the events covered in the aborted Crusade / Legend of the Rangers?

Crusade and LotR will certauinly be covered, but not immediatly.

Basically, I want to concentrate on the real 'tool' stuff first - so the first set of releases will concentrate on the major races and the seasons (years) up to the 3rd. That gives players and GMs most of the strong archetypes to play with . After that, we'll start to diversify - taking Vorlons apart (!), giving rules for free traders, that kind of thing. It will be a while before you see an equipment splat book in the B5 line

Comments

• David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Re: B5 RPG Updates

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]taking Vorlons apart (!),[/B][/QUOTE]

[url=http://b5.sdvc.uwyo.edu/bab5/snds/brnbstd.wav]"They killed him. They tore him apart. Burn, you bastards."[/url]

:D

[SIZE=1]Sound provided by [url=http://b5.sdvc.uwyo.edu/bab5/]The Down Below Sound Archive[/url].[/SIZE]
  • Oh yeah.....

Im am so looking forward to this.... it will rock!!! :)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Oh yummy :D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [url]http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/[/url]

Look at the top item :)
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    We will have to get a game going here.
    I know vB has an RPG hack......
  • JamboJambo Scriptkiddie
    You and that RGP hack :rolleyes:

:p
    Fine, I'll host a forum and have my site become popular ;-)
  • Go Game....

I rekon that if we were to setup a game it would have to be somekind of chat based one, with a dice bot and stuff.... It just fits better in my head :)
    Worth some thought...
  • Re: Oh yeah.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Schmacker [/i]
    [B]Im am so looking forward to this.... it will rock!!! :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Couldn't be any worse than the first RPG. No offense to any creators of that game, or any players, but blech.
    Welcome to the forums, Holly Knight!
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    Re: Re: Oh yeah.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Holly Knight [/i]
    [B]Couldn't be any worse than the first RPG. No offense to any creators of that game, or any players, but blech. [/B][/QUOTE]

It wasnt that bad!! really!!

I mean.. uhmm it had shiney pages??
    Some of the maps of space were cool... Dont know how accurate they were, but...