Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

One is no longer with us...

13»

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Well, I've got one major update.

His wife is now recovering nicely, and if I understand the recent message properly, will be back home soon.

Also, the family thanked you guys for your prayers and good wishes. :)
  • thats good to hear.
  • An ex-SquidAn ex-Squid Elite Ranger
    Rest in peace, Argone. You will be missed. (salutes)
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Well, I've got one major update.

His wife is now recovering nicely, and if I understand the recent message properly, will be back home soon.

Also, the family thanked you guys for your prayers and good wishes. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

That's good to hear!
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    nice to hear something positive
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    I can't believe this. I'm away a few days and see the bad news on the front page. This is quite shocking to hear.

He's already a second member of the B5 community we have lost. As some of you know a member of the Finnish B5 community died also in a car accident in November 2001.

Good bye Argone. :(

Btw A2597, very nice picture.

Btw#2, I'd suggest a memorial page to be created for him.

:(

- PJH
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    Btw, I was just checking his last post (good idea to "freeze" the thread Striker) and noticed his signature and thought I'd post it here.

"May You Live Forever, and The Last Voice You Hear, Be Mine!"

:(

- PJH
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Well, I've got one major update.

Also, the family thanked you guys for your prayers and good wishes. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

WHEW, good news!

And ranger brian, very nice picture, very fitting concidering Argons military past. :(
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    If you guys haven't checked the front page, do so now. I've asked Sanfam to post a tribute I made a couple of days ago. I thought it fitting that I use a klingon ship since he was so into klingons.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [img]http://www.justhotdeals.net/adimages/Klingonlogo.jpg[/img]
  • In BetweenIn Between The Ultimate Lurker
    RIP

A Pleasure to know you sir
  • I'm very sad to hear that. My best wishes to the family and friends. He will surely be missed. :(
  • SolitaireSolitaire Moderator
    to be honest, I don't know him maybe because I've been a long time off the board, but it's always a sad thing people losing their lives out of a sudden lacking a natural cause.

all I can say is that I'm sorry for him, sorry for his family left in grief
    Well, after a severe delay due to my bad memory, I'm going to post the following, mailed to me by his granddaughter, Ashley:

[quote]I want you to personally thank every member on your site for our family for I know my grandfather loved it there. It was at the top of his favorites and he has many of you people in his mail lists. I think he enjoyed trying to impart some of his wisdom to people who seemed to treat him as an equal not look down upon him for being as he always put it to me, "Well experienced not old" he always loved to help others however he could. I will have you your pictures within a couple of days.[/quote]

As mentioned often in the past, you guys do indeed rock. :)
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    :/
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Ah yes, "Well exprienced, not old." That's one of his favorite expressions. And so very true.
  • Thank you for the news. It's good to hear that his wife is recovering.
    His granddaughter's words brought a tear to my eyes... and they say the web isn't a personal medium.
  • So much to say, no time at all to say it. Myself and Argone corresponded nearly every day on my soon-to-be RPG's forums, on everything from science to his family's problems. I won't go into it, but he often asked me for advice about his family, and was always willing to accept any I could give. I knew little about him, yet enough to know that he was a good friend.
    IMO, he didn't really have the writing skills to moderate for an RPG, but he was smart, funny, and seemed to genuinely love what I asked him to do, so I kept him. He had amazing theories about space and time, seeming almost to be unable to tell me everything he wanted to say; something I can identify with. I don't know what I'm trying to say, so I guess I'll just say that it is a big loss to the B5 community to see him go...
    So guys, here it is. The photo of the man himself

[IMG]http://www.firstones.com/george.jpg[/IMG]

Thank his granddaughter for the photo. :)
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Looks like a military man to me.
    Rest in peace with God, my friend.
  • I just wanted to use this oppurtunity to extend my condolences to all his friends on this forum - I'm sure the memorial will demonstrate the strength, and warmth of feeling towards Argone from us all.

It's not often I invoke the lord's name, but... godspeed Argone.
  • Do Not Be Afraid

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
    I am not there, I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glint on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you wake in the hush
    I am the swift, uplifting rush
    of quiet birds in circling flight.
    I am the soft starling at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there - I do not sleep.

American Indian
  • Fitting... :(

I still think about him daily.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Almost every day I come here, I think of him. Another toast to his memory is in order, I think!
    Cheers, Argone!
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    Here here !!!

charge you glasses everyone...

"To the best friend I never met."

*chink*
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    here, here

*clink*
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    A toast to our friend indeed!

You know I have always found comfort in the words of JMS in B5 at times of lose. When my grandfather passed away a few years ago I read out the following quote from B5 at the funeral... it was said by Delenn to Sheridan during the Markab episode in season 2:

"All life is transitory, a dream. We all meet in the same place at the end of time. If I don't see you here, now, I will see you in a little while in the place where no shadows fall".

I love that quote, very moving, very sad but yet full of hope.

To Argone...